Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
- Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
- Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
- On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
- Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
- Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
- An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To assist the department leadership team in analyzing and evaluating the activities of the department and various
divisions. To coordinate operational actions that cross division lines. To provide administrative support to the
department and division staff.
1. Provides support for department initiatives and projects.
- Participates on special task groups and projects.
- Participates in the planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing programs and initiatives.
- Collaborates with other departments to develop campaigns, programs, and special offers; provides recommendations and feedback.
- Works with the leadership team to coordinate and execute all activities.
- Reviews internal studies, reports, and surveys; provides summaries to department leadership.
2. Reviews processes and procedures to improve the quality of operations.
- Develops and recommends improvements to operational processes, procedures, and technical support with appropriate personnel.
- Reviews the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, business practices, trends, and issues relating to the department functions and practices.
- Partners with other departments to develop user requirements and test new/enhanced systems.
- Acts as the point-of-contact for cross-organizational matters, such as reviewing Navy Federal Instructions, other policy/procedural documents, and study/survey responses.
- Obtains information about procedures and policies from staff; determines needs for internal controls to ensure adherence to policies and regulations; and elaborates plans of action.
- Collects and compiles research data; prepares summaries, analyses, reports, charts, graphs, instructions, memoranda, and manuals/reference materials for benchmarking purposes.
3. Provides administrative support.
- Reviews the accuracy of vendor invoices and forwards to General Accounting for payment.
- Participates in or represents the department/division/branch in disaster recovery plans.
- Coordinates actions with respect to matters within the department and/or across divisional lines, including preparation and submission of the Annual Financial Plan, monthly board materials, policy/procedural documents, staff studies and reports.
- Maintains knowledge of corporate business plans, marketing efforts and operational/business requirements.
- Proofreads and edits documents for standardization of format and clarity of content.
- Researches and evaluates the inquiries and complaints; resolves or arranges for resolution of requests and expedites.
- Researches audit findings, provides information, prepares response and forwards to management.
- Develops spreadsheets to collect and maintain operational data for analysis and historical reference.
- May coordinate personnel travel, prepare travel authorizations, travel claims, and Cash Disbursed Vouchers.
- May schedule appointments and meetings; coordinates logistics for such meetings.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience that demonstrates strong knowledge, understanding, and application of administrative support skills, methods, and procedures
- Experience that demonstrates thorough knowledge and understanding of expense tracking, budget preparation and administration
- Ability to work on project teams involving the development of business applications
- Strong research and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and judgment and to work independently and as a team member
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability