Research Associate will work in the department of Upstream Development and Operations at Teva. The primary responsibilities will involve supporting cell culture process experiments for early and late stage development projects. Duties will include record keeping, data analysis, and presentations of technical data to internal teams. RA will work in a collaborative setting with other process development staff. RA will be expected to independently operate bench scale (3-10L) and pilot scale (< 200L) bioreactors, including proactive planning, and successful execution of complex experimental protocols for process development, characterization, scale-up and technology assessment.
- Develop experimental plan and execute cell culture and/or harvest studies in laboratory either individually or in teams
- Perform routine cell culture maintenance & seed culture expansion to support bioreactor runs
- Perform process development/characterization and scale-up experiments with CHO cells expressing monoclonal antibody in shaker flasks and multiple scale (≤10L, 50, 100, 200L) bioreactors
- Perform equipment set-up, sterilization, daily operation, sampling and in-process analytical testing (cell count, viability, gases, metabolites, titer etc).
- Maintain laboratory analytical and other equipment, coordinate calibration etc, and manage raw material stocks and supplies
- Maintain a compliant laboratory operation in accordance with development protocols, internal procedures and policies. Record experiments in lab notebooks and perform needed data analysis.
- Perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with growing level of independence and in a collaborative manner.
- Present technical data in internal group meetings and write technical reports
- S. /M.S. in biology, biochemistry, microbiology, chemical engineering, biochemical engineering or related fields
- 3-8 years of experience in cell culture/fermentation process development and/or manufacturing sciences supporting cell culture operation in the biopharmaceutical/biotechnology industry.
- Hand-on experience with mammalian cell culture
- Hands-on experience with bioreactor operation at any scale and other cell culture related equipment
- Hands-on experience with in-process analytical testing and analytical instrumentation such as cell counters and instruments for metabolite analysis
- Experience with set-up, operation and control of harvest process equipment (e.g., continuous disc stack centrifuges) is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
- mammalian cell culture: 3 years
Required work authorization: