Dutchess Tel-Audio is a Mid-Hudson technology company with 70 years of impeccable reputation specializing in electronic communication products for commercial and institutional markets. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a solid, fast-growing company. We offer excellent pay, comprehensive benefits, and a relaxed and friendly working environment. 8-Week Training Program towards a full-time position is available for qualified individuals.
- Provide expert technical support on all the systems the Company represents.
- Requires working independently on customer job sites to perform troubleshooting, replacing/repairing, installing, programming and testing of our integrated systems.
- Perform necessary shop and on-site work to successfully execute installation projects.
- Provide emergency service work. Be fully prepared for emergency calls while on-call duty. Rotational 24/7 on-call duty is required.
- Update, clean and organize daily work files, shop and service vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates’ degree in electronics, computers or related field, or equivalent work experience in electronic integrated control systems, preferably in sound, intercom, communications, A/V or security.
- Working knowledge of electricity fundamentals (e.g., Ohm’s Law), analog and digital theories, and networking.
- Technically and mechanically inclined. Comfortable with new technologies, tech terminology, and skillful with basic hand tools and other related industry and test equipment.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting/reasoning abilities (ability to do basic troubleshooting without operation manuals when not available.)
- A strong self-starter, able to research, gather information and move forward on wide-ranging tasks, sometimes with little or no instruction.
- Basic math. You must be able to do basic math functions without a calculator.
- Energetic and positive attitude with good communication skills, verbal and written. And well self-presented both inside and outside the office with outstanding customer service ability.
- Hard-working and dedicated with passion for self-improvement. Willing to study during off-hours for personal growth and to become a leading member of the Company's tech team.
- Meticulous and organized, first rate at follow-up. You already have these attributes as well-developed habit.
- Resume with solid and stable employment history with strong, professional (supervisor level) references.
- Clean driving license.
- Able to lift 40 lbs. Comfortable using a step ladder and occasionally working in tight spaces.
- Grounded in the NY Hudson Valley or CT areas.
- Familiarity with the acute healthcare and K-12 school markets a plus. Ability to learn and work within the regulatory nature of the healthcare market.
- Basic knowledge of construction with ability to comprehend wiring diagrams, schematics, and technical operation manuals.
Benefits include: Comprehensive Health Insurance, Paid Holidays/Vacations, 401k Plan, Bonus Program, Prevailing Wage and Overtime work opportunities.
PLEASE NOTE: You must include a PERSONAL cover letter explaining why you feel this is the right position for you will not be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $44.00 /hour
- sound, installation, AV, alarm or audio: 3 years (Preferred)
- Monday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts