Quality Assurance Department Scope:
The Quality Assurance and Compliance Department (QAC) oversees both contract and programmatic compliance by ensuring standards are outlined and implemented according to internal and external compliance expectations. The QAC supports 11 programmatic departments and over 100 government contracts. The QAC collaborates with program teams to develop, implement and analyze program performance, ultimately ensuring the quality and compliance of PATH programs.
Essential activities under the Quality Assurance and Compliance umbrella include: Risk Assessment and Management, Program Implementation, Internal Auditing and External Audit Coordination, Reporting, Performance Evaluation and Document Management.
Essential activities under the Contract Compliance umbrella include: Contract Administration, Database Management, Training Coordination, Records Retention and Security Management, Grievance and Incident Report Monitoring and Analysis, Client Feedback Analysis.
Records and Training Manager Summary:
Under the leadership of the Director, this position is responsible for managing and maintaining the organization’s record management processes, coordination or PATH and/or funder required trainings, the grievance and incident reporting and analysis processes and administration of the agency wide client feedback surveys.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Records Management & Security
- Monitor and maintain the records management program’s policies, procedures, and the records retention schedules; develop, recommend and implement changes and improvements to the program.
- Collaborate with program staff for the timely transfer of designated records.
- Coordinate with the records center for accessing, storing, and retrieving inactive files,boxes, and other records; maintain database and inventory of records held at the records center; conduct inventories and prepare reports as needed.
- Provide consultation services for all program departments regarding records management and security issues, concerns, policies and procedures (i.e. records and files arrangements, classifications, and storage- both paper and electronic).
- Conduct records management training.
- Ensure proper and timely disposition of program records.
- Serve as a resource to staff regarding compliance of all applicable standards and HIPAA regulations.
- Work with Director to facilitate the HIPAA compliance program agency wide
- Monitor staff compliance with records management and security policy.
- Manage agency wide programmatic training program.
- Secure and coordinate with 3rd party training vendors.
- Manage training registration process and records.
- Collaborate with program directors to identify staff training needs and provide or coordinate specified trainings.
- Oversee tracking of programmatic training to meet professional, contractual and regulatory standards across departments.
- Collaborate with program leadership throughout the agency to improve processes and to ensure training is effectively produced, assessed, and reinforced.
- Assist in the coordination and delivery of New Employee Orientation and Training for program staff.
- Keep informed of current approaches, trends and best practices in program delivery and communicate to department leadership.
- Establish and maintain a training library for homeless services providers and clinicians.
- Co-design and deliver, with program clinical directors, quality, timely, and thorough clinical training for clinical staff, including but not limited to HIPAA, child abuse reporting and treatment approaches.
Grievance and Incident Report Monitoring
- Log client incident reports and grievances for the agency.
- Provide analysis reports on trends.
- Conduct staff training pertaining to incident reporting process.
Client Feedback Analysis
- Administer annual client feedback survey agency wide
- Collect, analyze and report survey findings using a quantitative and qualitative report
- In collaboration with program leadership, design or update survey tools on an annual basis
- Support the department as needed with other QA activities
- Represent PATH at meetings, workshops and conferences in the community as requested.
- Assist the organization and administrative departments as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in related field preferred, with a minimum of 1 year of related job function or industry experience such as non-profit administration, contract compliance, training coordination, information security and records management
- BA degree in related field required, with a minimum of 2 years of related job function or industry experience such as non-profit administration, contract compliance, training coordination, information security and records management
- Must be able to analyze problems and perform needs assessments
- Must demonstrate the ability to use judgement in adapting broad guidelines to achieve desired results
- Must exercise independent judgement within accepted practices and make appropriate recommendations as needed
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Mastery of Microsoft Word and Excel and database systems
- Strong project management and time management skills; highly organized and detail- oriented
- A confident self-starter who can develop effective business relationships, both internally and externally while brokering buy-in from all stakeholders. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- A critical thinker, with a high level of initiative, motivation and enthusiasm.
- Must be proficient in data collection, analysis, evaluation and reporting
- Employment eligibility verification
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage.
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Tuberculosis test
- Successful completion of background screening and drug test
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.64 to $24.05 /hour
- Working for a Non-Profit Organization: 1 year (Preferred)
- Records Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Contract Compliance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Conducting Presentations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Los Angeles, CA 90004 (Preferred)