- High School Diploma or GED
Act as a clerical coordinator of clinical and/or non-clinical activities, while facilitating communication among members of the Care Management Team.
- Uses tack, courtesy, sound judgment and a professional attitude when relating to patients, families, and co-workers.
- Deals with issues in an unemotional and objective manner, while striving to enhance self esteem of others and listen with empathy.
- States clearly what is wanted and expected from others.
- Maintains regular communication with all areas of the Care Management Department including Acute Care Team, Transitional Care Team, Population Health Team, and RN Resource Nurse.
- Coordinates and arranges physician appointments, transportation and other community resources as needed.
2. Management of Information
- Follows exposure policy and treatment protocols according to Exposure Control Plan.
- Maintains a precise and constant flow of information to coworkers through numerous channels and opportunities.
- Utilizes data for measuring and improving quality of service and outcomes focusing on top indicators for areas of responsibility.
- Collect and complies data that is requested i.e. HCI Grant, etc.
- Generates department reports as requested.
- Compiles statistics as requested.
3. Provides Clerical Support
- Provides clerical support including faxing, copying charts, printing, filing and typing.
- Ability to document required data in Excel Spreadsheet and TAV Health Tools.
- Maintains appropriate supply level inventor.
- Prepares daily documents/reports required by the Director of Care Management.
- Maintains all resource materials to ensure they are accurate and current.
4. Problem Resolution
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrates willingness to be flexible.
- Practices proper safety precautions to avoid employee injury as evidenced by proper body mechanics.
5. Coordination and Operational Efficiency
- Gets things done by setting deadlines for certain actions, closely monitoring the progress of activities, and intervening quickly when these are not proceeding according to schedule.
- Completes special projects as assigned according to established time frames.
- Prepares and maintains reports of results as requested.
- Identifies and reports equipment problems which require maintenance or repair.
High School Diploma
Prefer minimum of one year Care Management experience.
Must be able to lift, carry or push 50 pounds with assistance. Must be able to reach above head and below knees. Must be able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, up to 4-12 hour work shifts. Needs to be able to hear, see, speak, read and write. Must be mentally alert and able to work under pressure.
Knowledge and ability to perform essential functions of staff position, must have good verbal and written communication skills. Must have good organizational skills; ability to perform multiple tasks; must be able to work independently without close supervision; must be able to complete work assignments within set time periods; work must be efficient and accurate. Must possess necessary personal computer skills to maintain and analyze management information and the ability to integrate and interpret data from diverse sources addressing issues high complexity. Must exhibit the skill to develop strong relationship with customers (i.e. patients, physicians, and supporting departments).