- Process and team proofread research requests and other standard LSC documents, including amendments, letters, analyses, memorandums, fiscal notes, and special reports, etc.;
- Update agency pictorial directories using Microsoft Publisher;
- Provide backup support to fiscal assignment clerk and deputy directors' assistant;
- Update daily absence list and agency phone and staff titles lists;
- Greet visitors to area, answer questions, and provide information as needed;
- Answer telephone, transfer calls, take messages, and provide information;
- Place maintenance work orders for emergency services and maintain cleanliness of kitchenette;
- Maintain open lines of communication and keep other team members informed;
- Assist other support staff as needed; and
- Other similar duties as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED);
- Excellent attendance record;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel, and Outlook;
- Accurate keyboarding (typing) skills;
- Excellent grammatical, punctuation, spelling, and proofreading skills;
- Excellent customer service, communication, and mediation skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Ability to communicate needs to peers, supervisors, group leaders, and drafters; and
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
Major Worker Characteristics
- Ability to acquire knowledge of agency-specific practices and procedures (developed after employment);
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, answer routine inquiries, assess questions, and provide appropriate information or referral;
- Ability to organize material in alpha-numeric order, accurately type/enter data, proofread typed material, recognize errors, and make corrections;
- Ability to operate office equipment including a two-line telephone system, personal computer, networked printers, and networked and walk-up copiers;
- Ability to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times;
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a group setting and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; and
- Ability to recognize and respond well to changing priorities.
Additional Job Specifications
You may be required to work seasonal scheduled overtime, typically until 5:30 p.m. during legislative session weeks but also potentially including unscheduled overtime on weekends and/or holidays.
The Ohio Legislative Service Commission (LSC) is a state agency that performs nonpartisan central staff functions for the Ohio state legislature. Interested candidates should consult the LSC Brochure on the agency's website (www.lsc.ohio.gov) for more information about those functions. All LSC staff members are exempt (nonunion) state of Ohio employees.
Attach to your application a cover letter, resume, and, if you have attended college, college transcripts. All applications must clearly indicate how the minimum qualifications are met. Applications which do not indicate this will not be given consideration.
Background Check Information
As part of the application, all applicants must execute an agreement that permits LSC to conduct a background check.
United States of America-OHIO-Franklin County
Riffe Tower 77 S High St Concourse Columbus 43215
Legislative Service Commission
Bargaining Unit / Exempt:
8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Aug 17, 2018, 10:59:00 PM