The Nurse-Family Partnership Nurse Home Visitors perform a variety of general and specialized nursing duties as part of a total health care team to provide the patient with complete evaluations. Receives supervision from head nurse and functions independently within guidelines. May supervise ancillary personnel and volunteers in the performance of certain tasks and assists in training personnel. Work is performed within the community which includes home visitation. Requires a high degree of contact with patients, families, and other clinic personnel and community partners. This position requires working independently with a high level of autonomy.
- Required to work day, evening, and weekend hours as needed.
-Verification of completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited BSN program is required.-
- Nurse must be a registered nurse (RN), with a license that allows RN to practice in Texas.
- Responsible for nursing care associated with the School of Nursing (SON) Nurse Family Partnership (NFP) Program under the Larry Combest Wellness Center.
- Function within the nurse’s legal scope of practice and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organization and practice setting.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing care provided to patients and their families.
- Determine the physical and mental health status.
- Analyze assessment data to identify problems and formulate goals & outcomes.
- Evaluate and report patient outcomes and responses to therapeutic interventions.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate teaching plans for patients and their families to address health promotion, maintenance, and restoration.
- Implement measures to promote quality and a safe environment for patients, self, and others.
- Communicate patient data using Electronic Health Records (EHR) to support decision making to improve patient care.
- Assess, plan, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate the educational programs that are implemented in the Nurse Family Partnership Program within the SON Combest Wellness Center.
- Provide comprehensive community health nursing services to clients and their families.
- Maintains a case load of 25 enrolled clients or more as needed.
- Adhere to the guidelines of the NFP program model and participate in on-going training as required by the NFP program. The Nurse Home Visitor (NHV) will facilitate outcome and community education activities to support the NFP program and address client needs.
- Work closely with the NFP Nurse Supervisor and Data Coordinator in monitoring outcomes of the NFP program.
- Develop and maintain ongoing, therapeutic relationship with clients enrolled in the NFP program to assist clients achieve self-sufficiency and family health and wellness goals.
- Practice in non-traditional, community settings, to include clients’ homes, make professional sound judgements and work with the NFP Nurse Supervisor, Data Coordinator, and other NHVs to resolve client and program delivery needs.
- Drive to patient homes, meetings, and events.
- Market NFP program to community at large.
Benefits and Special Perks –
Major medical, dental, vision, additional life insurance, vacation, sick, holiday comp., short-term and long-term disability insurance, 403B. Training for CEUs, BLS, and flexible schedule, reimbursement for mileage, and lap top issued to Nurse Home Visitor.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations