1fb.net inc is an internet development company that focuses on developing internet channels, product strategies and robust technologies for delivering the Bank's products and services to its customers. 1fb.net inc is a wholly owned subsidiary of 1st Financial Bank USA.
This position is based at the Sioux Falls, SD 1st Financial Bank USA Credit Card Center.
Sr. Systems Linux/Unix Administrator
The primary responsibility of the Sr. Systems Linux/Unix Admin. is to research, plan, design, document, implement, and support enterprise the Linux system environment. Other duties include the support and maintenance of current system infrastructure by constructing an efficient and secure environment by providing support and guidance of enterprise projects.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensure optimal technical operation, maintenance and support of the enterprise Linux/ Unix environment for robust and reliable performance.
- Engineer, administer and maintain Oracle/Linux server environment.
- Recommend and execute Linux/Unix server hardware and software configuration, installation, patching, integration, upgrades and performance tuning.
- Support daily operations to Linux/Unix server such as capacity management, performance monitoring, provisioning, and network systems connectivity.
- Configure and deploy server builds in accordance with secure hardening guidelines.
- Create and modify Linux shell scripting to automate tasks and integrate solutions.
- Create and manage virtual infrastructure using VMWare ESXi and Oracle VM.
- Integrate Linux/Unix with enterprise storage solutions using multiple connectivity methods.
- Must have desire to learn new skills and work with new technologies.
- Complete and maintain all necessary documentation pertaining to the Linux/Unix environment, policies and procedures, and other projects as assigned.
- Attend project meetings and provide valuable input for project scope, tracking, and documentation.
- Involved in all aspects of the design, implementation, recommendation, monitoring and documentation of Linux/ Unix systems.
- Possesses the ability to be productive in a team environment as well as work independently.
- Recommend technical changes to all areas of the business in an effort to provide more efficient practices.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Participate in audit activities as needed including review and remediation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BS or BA in computer science or related IT experience.
Language/Reasoning/Mathematical or other specific skills:
- Candidate should have 4+ years of administration and support of an enterprise Linux/Unix environment.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix OS, TCP/IP, Active Directory, BIND, NTP, syslog, NFS and familiarity with multiple Open Source applications such as Nagios and Apache.
- Experience with Oracle VM, WebLogic, and Oracle DB preferred.
- Extensive experience with Linux/Unix used in combination with enterprise storage solutions.
- Strong background in virtualization technologies such as VMWare vSphere ESXi, Oracle VM desired.
- Experience managing SAN/NAS/Backup solutions such as Netapp/ CommVault highly preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required. Ability to handle change and a self-starting attitude are required. Ability to work independently and coordinate with others to prioritize projects as well as combining research and expertise to assist organization. Able to provide on call and after hours support as necessary.
Planning and management skills:
Experience planning and managing the implementation of small-scale projects and IT system/application deployments.
Certified in at least one Linux, Network, or Security related certification is preferred. Any other certifications provide value for the organization.
We provide a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits program including affordable medical/dental/vision insurance, generous paid leave program, 401(k), health savings account, tuition reimbursement, financial childcare assistance and much more!
1fb.net inc is an EO employer - M / F / Vets / Disabled.