Hunter Communications has been the leading provider of fiber network in Southern Oregon for over 25 years and offer an amazing place to work with growth opportunity and great benefits.
We're looking for an entry-level individual to support our aerial and underground crews. As a Ground Hand, you would perform all duties asked to by the Aerial Lineperson or Foreman on the job site. This position is physically demanding and performs mainly manual labor in year-round weather conditions. Hunter Communications provides a regimented program to train motivated individuals to an Aerial Lineman or Foreman position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties assigned by Aerial Lineman or Foreman
- Perform heavy manual labor, able to lift up to 70lbs on occasion
- Must have the ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to think ahead and use independent judgment
- Travel out of the area and out of the state at times for extended times
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
- Complete required training related to job duties as outlined by OSHA, DOT, and other applicable training provided by Hunter Communications.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Experience in a job involving manual labor
- Must be in excellent physical condition with the ability to perform manual labor up to 10 hours a day, lifting up to 70 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to work while standing 80 - 90% of the time
- Work flexible hours, overtime, and take 24 hour on call duty rotating basis, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Work, including travel, outdoors in adverse weather conditions day or night
- Must be able to obtain medical exam certificate
- Hand and finger dexterity to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
- Vision: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus; ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Class A CDL or permit preferred, but not required
- Flagging card preferable. But will train within 90 days of hire if necessary
Tolerate changes in outside temperature from winter to summer and to tolerate dust, pollen, wind, snow and rain. Work in confined areas, such as but not limited to underground vaults and manholes for extended periods of time.
Shall be expected to establish residence allowing response to our offices, within 35 minutes of notification to report.