The Dermot Company, a New York based real estate developer and operator, is seeking an Assistant General Manager (AGM). Reporting to the General Manager (GM), the AGM will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of managing the day-to-day operational functions, and assisting with leasing for a pre-war, luxury multi-family rental property in New York City.
This position requires an experienced property operations professional that can assist in driving the operational performance of the asset to achieve and exceed the property’s goals while providing exceptional customer service.
The ideal candidate must have experience with NYS rent stabilization, including rent registrations, IAI and MCI filings, HPD violations.
The Dermot Company, LP is a fully-integrated real estate enterprise with over 30 years of experience, nearly $4 billion in assets and 4,500 units under management. As a diversified firm, we develop, invest in, and manage luxury multi-family buildings in New York City and Florida. Dermot is committed to providing an outstanding residential experience for residents and attractive returns to investors.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As the Assistant General Manager, we’ll look to you to:
- Assist the GM with the daily operation of a luxury multifamily property.
- Mediate discussions with new and existing residents.
- Handle the accounts payable and receivables for property in a timely manner.
- Prepare and review tenant arrears for legal action.
- Prepare and distribute memos, notices and other correspondence to residents, at the direction of the GM.
- Assist the GM with building code compliance requirements.
- Assist with accurate tracking of property level information.
- Assist in producing monthly management reports and other reports as assigned.
- Collaborate with the GM, Resident Manager (RM), and other team members to ensure the highest level of resident satisfaction.
- Source and manage vendors and contractors as needed.
- Assist with leasing, as needed, including greeting prospective residents, qualifying, determining needs and preferences, and professionally presenting the community and specific apartments.
- Manage all aspects of leasing process related to rent regulated residents, including changes to legal and preferential rents, prior deregulation of units, MCIs and other ancillary charges and DHCR registrations.
- Ensure that the office is maintained in a pristine and welcoming condition
- Complete routine and special projects as assigned
ABOUT YOU AND WHAT YOU OFFER
- A minimum of two (2) years of property management experience in a large NYC luxury multifamily environment (300+ units).
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Consistent work history with excellent references.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of NYS rent stabilization laws, including rent registrations, IAI and MCI filings, and HPD violations; experience must be recent.
- Knowledge of Yardi, On-Site, RealPage ILM preferred.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, attention to detail and follow through skills.
- High emotional intelligence, authenticity, curiosity and a customer-first mindset.
- Proficient in various property management technologies, MSOffice and Google Suite.
- Authorized to work in the United States without any restrictions.
ABOUT OUR CULTURE, SALARY & BENEFITS
Our team is the most valuable asset we have. The individual life experiences, knowledge, creativity, skills, self-expression, unique capabilities, cultural influences and talent that our team members share at Dermot collectively contribute to Dermot's culture and success.
Our compensation and benefits package include a competitive salary, commensurate with experience with bonus potential, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision, life, long term disability, employee assistance program, paid time off and retirement with match when eligible. The annualized gross base range for this position is $75,000 - $85,000 depending on experience. The actual compensation within the range will be based on factors unique to each candidate including years and depth of experience.
Dermot strives for an environment where everyone feels welcome and safe. We actively work to offer equitable opportunities for all and look for the right balance of potential, skills, kindness and curiosity. Dermot does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. We celebrate authenticity and we encourage you to apply if you would like to be considered for this role.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
Weekly day range:
Work Location: In person