The Grove Restaurantfeatures a magnificent indoor and outdoor setting, craftsman-style architecture and fast casual American comfort food. We have kitchens in both Hollister and Morgan Hill.
The Kitchen Manager will be responsible for all food production including the pastry department at The Grove. Execute menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Hire, train, develop and supervise staff. Develop and monitor food and labor budget for the department. Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Directs the total kitchen operation, supervising the staff, oversees the preparation and service of food.
- Partners with Senior Management to plan menus for all food outlets in the Léal portfolio
- Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Responsible for ordering products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings.
- Consults with venue and event managers about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Interacts with food and beverage management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the
- expectations of members and guests.
- In conjunction with F&B management team, assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
- Evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and
- procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
- Interview, select, develop, train, supervise, counsel and discipline all employees in the department.
- Ensure all services to guests are conducted in a highly professional and efficient manner.
- Ensure a safe working environment and attitude on the part of all employees in areas of responsibility.
- Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, coworkers, members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, to treat co-workers, supervisors and members/guests with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior.
- Must be available to represent the brand at special events, PR activities, and other catering locations.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Graduated a formal culinary arts program through a college or formal apprenticeship program.
- A minimum of 4 - 5 years in the culinary field preferably in a, fast-paced, high-end establishment
- Minimum of 3 years of culinary management experience
- Extended experience and knowledge of banquet service. Off-premise catering experience preferred
- Proven track record of cost control including food equipment, labor and waste management
- Experience in fiscal planning and knowledge of profit and loss reporting
- Previous leadership experience in the culinary field and a continuous desire to lead and mentor your culinary team
- Strong technology skills- including, but not limited to, MS Word, Excel, MICROS, Open Table, DELPHI, E-Time.
- Possess and maintain a current ServSafe Food Protection Managers Certificate
- Maintain current California Driver License with satisfactory and safe driving record
- Maintain a neat and well-groomed appearance and be well-spoken and professional
- Able to work under pressure and remain calm to resolve problems using good judgment
- May be required to lift up to 40 pounds on a frequent basis
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Must be able to stand and move about a large venue for an extended period of time
- Must be available to work varied schedules to include evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended hours of business
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in PDF format.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 /year
- restaurant management: 3 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly