A well-established not-for-profit biotechnology firm serving commercial, academic, and government organizations conducting health research and developing pharmaceutical, biologics and wellness therapies. Location: Northern Virginia.
In transition and future-focused; transitioning from a traditional culture to a 21st-century experience. The technologies are current to leading edge, the company is engaged from the top down and the employees have creative latitude, autonomy and accountability.
Dynamic and tactically-minded Senior Manager of Marketing reporting to a Senior Director who in turn, reports to the Chief Business Officer. Responsible for leading and guiding 7-10 direct reports and engaging with key business units.
Make a difference and an impact. Reimagine, rebuild and reorganize the Marketing unit. It’s your time to shine. This is an operational turn-around opportunity and a chance to build a world-class Marketing organization. This role has high visibility, high significance and is a career maker.
- Establishes strong internal (Customer Care, Sales, Business Development, Business Units, etc.) and external (distributors, vendors, etc.) relationships that create a collaborative approach to driving the marketing effort and business expansion
- Develops, manages and executes the direct marketing platforms and campaigns (social media, email, webinars, direct mail, conferences, etc.), employing industry best practices
- Plays a key role in developing and managing the analytics necessary to monitor and improve the effectiveness of both the Marketing Management and MarCom team’s performance and overall marketing impact
- Collaborates with Product Line Business Management and Sales to provide specific inputs on pricing, channels to market and customer needs
- Provides Management, R&D, and Business Units with regular updates on product trends, market changes, and competition/industry developments to assist in maintaining business unit strategic plans
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Has authority either directly or through recommendations for employment decisions to include selection, training, performance evaluations, counselling, promotions and terminations
- Develops and maintains budgets while ensuring cost-saving measures
- Self-starter background; motivated and takes initiative; strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills; able to work collaboratively with all levels of staff to resolve problems to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving and results.
- Someone who seeks learns and applies new skills/knowledge to perform job responsibilities.
- Attentive to detail with a high level of accuracy; exercises sound judgment.
- Resourceful, diplomatic and professional; delivers outstanding customer service; a can-do attitude and work style that supports teamwork; cultivates collaboration and positive relationships.
- Adaptable; able to shift priorities and focus as departmental and/or business demands change. Strong analytical skills and strong organizational skills; completes tasks ahead of schedule.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including excellent listening skills to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
The Polite Group provides talent acquisition services to organizations and acts as a liaison between talent and the hiring company. We believe in inclusion and equal opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, veteran status, gender, gender orientation or physical ability.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 10 years
- Supervisory/Management: 5 years