Located in the U.S. and a subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime, Hydroid is the world’s most trusted manufacturer of advanced Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs). Our marine robotics systems provide innovative and reliable full-picture solutions for the marine research, defense, hydrographic and offshore/energy markets. Our products represent the most advanced, diversified and field-proven family of AUVs and AUV support systems in the world.
Hydroid employees are passionate about their work and strive to produce top-quality products and service. All products are designed and manufactured at the Hydroid facilities in Pocasset, MA.
Perform a variety of accounting tasks, with primary responsibility of Payroll and Expense Reporting. Applying accepted procedures to the preparation and maintenance of accounting and other records, and preparing financial, statistical, and/or technical reports. Develop, maintain, and update project records and cost report records with minimal supervision and direction. Performs all activities necessary to process one or more payrolls, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for management. Primary responsibility is payroll, and is solely responsible for all payroll and related activities.
- Maintains all related accounting and bookkeeping records and accounting files in a neat and orderly manner.
- Process payroll via Paychex in accordance with state and federal laws and in accordance with company pay regulations bi-weekly for 150+ employees.
- Verify new hire paperwork complies with requirements and is entered into required systems (ie. Costpoint, Unanet & Paychex).
- Responsibly verify time card completion, provide resolution for any discrepancies, Prepare, post and reconcile time cards for regular payroll and transmit direct deposit files by deadlines.
- Practice timely and accurate preparation of all payroll operations working closely with Human Resources department to ensure that payroll actions are in conformance with employment benefits practices and accounting procedures.
- Interface routinely with Human Resources on employee benefits issues (deductions, workers compensation, vacation, 401(k) plan, COBRA, etc.) to ensure timely and accurate processing.
- Ensure proper employee contribution deductions are in place for medical, dental insurance, 401(k), loans, and expense reimbursements.
- Manage federal and state payroll tax reporting, including quarterly and year-end returns.
- Compiles and files required reports for year-end close, year-end reporting and processing of W-2s.
- Maintains the ability to provide customer service to both internal and external clientele.
- Responsible for preparing expense reports and confirming:
- Proper business justification and supporting documentation (e.g., receipts) have been received from the individual requesting reimbursement or incurring the business expense
- Mileage and per diem calculations are accurate
- Proper documentation justifying any upgrades has been obtained and submitted by the individual requesting reimbursement or incurring the business expense
- The expense has been properly allocated to the company account number(s)
- The expense complies with the Policy and if the expense is to be charged to a customer project, that the expense is in compliance with all contractual requirements/Federal regulations
- Review data ensuring accuracy and compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Investigate and recommend revisions to accounting procedures and systems to satisfy process improvement initiatives and enhance internal controls.
- Willing to participate in any capacity to support the Finance function
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and minimum 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment and a cost accounting background is a plus.
- Exceptional computer navigational skills; proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office; Microsoft Excel; ERP Software; Internet Explorer.
- The ideal candidate is an individual that can work in a fast paced environment; with a high attention to detail, excellent problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and enthusiastic attitude.
A condition of this position will require the successful Applicant to pass a government security investigation and must subsequently receive authorization to access US Department of Defense Controlled Unclassified Information (“CUI”) and potentially classified information.
We offer a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including 75% company paid medical and dental insurance. The company also offers paid Life, STD, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401K with company match, and more.
Hydroid is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/AA/M/F/V/D Employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need assistance with the application process as a result of your disability please call 1-508-563-6565 or mail your request to 1 Henry Drive, Pocasset, MA 02559, Attn: Employment Application Assistance.
Don’t forget to check us out here!
Keywords: Expense Reporting, Recent College Grads, Paychex, Unanet, Cost Point
Job Type: Full-time
- payroll: 1 year
- Accounting: 1 year