We have an immediate need for an Experienced Staff Accountantwith experience in Payroll, and Human Resources.
Motorcycles of Dulles, carrying New BMW, Triumph, Indian, Royal Enfield and Zero motorcycles is located in a new 20,000 square foot facility in Dulles, VA. We are a fast growing dealership and have around 24 Team Members who work hard to ensure that we maintain an exceptional level of customer service and product and service sales volume. We are customer service focused and are proud to note that we are one of the Mid-Atlantic's largest Triumph and BMW dealers. Additionally, we currently have an unprecedented 299+ near Five-Star reviews on Google.
We are very busy and need a highly skilled Staff Accountant who can keep pace in a dynamic environment.
- Possess a friendly, can-do attitude.
- Be very efficient and accurate in completing all tasks.
- Be one who takes initiative.
- Be very focus and be one who works well in a fast paced environment.
- Be willing to work the time required to get the job done.
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Issue invoices to customers
- Collect sales taxes from customers and remit them to the government
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the annual budget
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Analyzes information by developing spreadsheet reports
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Prepares financial statements.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Staff Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
Accounting, SFAS Rules, Reporting Skills, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, PC Proficiency, Productivity, Verbal Communication, General Math Skills
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- Vacation and Holiday pay
- Health and Dental Insurance benefits
- 401k contribution
- Great Work Environment
- New state of the art facility
- Working hours would be Tues-Friday, 9am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm. Potential Monday schedule to replace Saturday.
Our company will make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, genetic information, pregnancy, religion, age, disability, service in the uniformed services, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Dulles, VA 20166 (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monitoring company accounts and conducting quarterly reviews
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Profit-and-loss statements
- Expense reports
- Cost reduction proposals
- Presenting budgets and reports to upper management
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Account reconciliation
- Invoice processing
- Data entry
- Running errands (bank deposits, etc.)