At Tala, we are connecting millions of people to the financial services they deserve. The Data Analytics team operates within cross-functional teams to validate hypotheses and iterate quickly through solutions. We investigate big questions other companies have yet to solve, such as financial health and personalized experiences based on mobile data. You will be part of an innovative and fast growing team that pushes to provide access, choice, and control to millions of customers.
As a Data Analytics Intern, your goal is to deeply investigate a key company hypothesis and to offer recommendations based on your research. You will build out tools and models that can continuously provide us with insights about our diverse customer base.
This role will be based out of our Santa Monica, CA office.
In this role you will:
What we're looking for:
- Own, manage, and complete a key project that will address a complex question for the company. Potential projects include referrals experimentation, geospatial customer insights, and identifying new product needs for our customers based on their mobile data
- Collaborate with the Data Science teams on Tala's data infrastructure, analytics tools, and best practices in building out data-driven research for the company
- Assist in investigating our product changes and experiments, and produce high-value, timely analytics based the unique aspects of each of our markets
Perfect candidates would have:
- Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in a quantitative field
- Experience in at least one analytics language (ex. Python, R)
- Working knowledge in SQL, GitHub, bash commands is a plus
- Experience interning or working in a data-intensive role
- Experience with multiple types of messy data in a business environment
- Experience in emerging markets (either personal or in professional scope)
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we're proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalore.