Onix is currently seeking a dedicated, self-motivated technical expert to fill the role of Data Engineer.
Required Skills and Experience:
- The Onix Cloud Data Team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s extensive cloud services. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will work with cutting-edge cloud technologies and help shape the future of how data is used in the Enterprise.
- Use Google Cloud Platform to build Enterprise-grade Big Data solutions.
- Architect and build new cloud-based data pipelines.
- Bring together multiple data sources into a unified data warehouse.
- Apply analytics and visualizations to customer data sets.
- Help customers understand the right technologies for their use case.
- Establish strategic customer relationships and become their go-to trusted advisor for Big Data needs.
- Assist in strategic direction and planning for growth of the Cloud Data Team.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science or a related discipline.
- 5+ years or more of enterprise-level consulting.
- Experience with large data sets and Enterprise-grade databases (structured and unstructured)
- Experience architecting and building data pipelines.
- Deep understanding of the ETL (extract, transform, load) process.
- Experience extracting data from multiple sources via APIs and scripting.
- Experience transforming data through field mapping, programmatic rulesets, and data integrity checking.
- Able to expertly convey ideas and concepts to others.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Creative problem solving skills and the ability to design solutions not immediately apparent.
- Ability to participate in multiple projects concurrently.
- Customer-oriented and shows a bias for action.
- Able to function in a highly dynamic team that moves rapidly from idea to planning to implementation.
- Highly adaptable with the ability to learn new technologies quickly without direct oversight.
Location and Travel:
- Google Certification - Professional Data Engineer
- Experience with BigQuery
- Experience with SQL (architecture and queries)
- Experience with Tableau / other enterprise visualization and BI tools
US, Remote. Some travel to client locations.
If you are passionate about joining a team that will transform healthcare, meet the requirements above, and desire an exciting career with a growing, dynamic organization, this position is for you.
It is the policy of Onix to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with with the Ohio Revised Code 125.111 and all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), military status, or veteran status is illegal.
Onix will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.