UNFI is North America's premier food wholesaler delivering the widest variety of products to customer locations throughout North America including natural product superstores, independent retailers, conventional supermarket chains, ecommerce retailers, and food service customers. Warehouse Associates are vital to our organization; they work diligently carefully hand selecting customer orders that feed and nourish millions. We are excited about the work we do and are looking for others who share the same drive and passion.
Checks in and verifies incoming product (perishables, grocery and general merchandise). Performs order selection duties. Manually lifts cases to build stable loads on pallets. Handles cases of product from various positions, including reaching above head. Uses Vocollect electronic headset to receive orders verbally and ensure correct selection.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Receives, stores, and/or selects various grocery, perishable, general merchandise. products or supplies from warehouse stock.
- Transports product throughout the warehouse via pallet jack of forklift.
- Works in a fast paced environment with varying temperatures.
- Assists other departments with work activities when required.
- Promotes good working relationships by maintaining a courteous and friendly manner.
- Maintains order selection performance standards of speed and accuracy with minimum damage.
- Attends work regularly and on time as scheduled.
- Ensures the correct labels are on the correct pallet.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High school diploma desired.
- Warehouse and/or pallet jack experience preferred.
- Previous order selection, warehouse experience such as shipping or receiving, or experience in a physically demanding position is preferred.
- Must be willing to consent to background check, drug screen, and physical capacities test.
- Must be able to lift up to 95 pounds, frequent bending, stooping and lifting.
- Must have the ability to work in various temperatures from -20 to 80 degrees.
- Must be able to work the required schedule and/or overtime, which could involve nights, holidays or weekends.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. UNFI is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Pallet Jack: 1 year (Preferred)
- warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- 10 hour shift