RoundTable Technology is an MSP focused on enriching non-profit and small business organizations using technology. With a foundation of our core values: Integrity, Continuous Improvement, and Consistency, we deliver renowned Customer Service that helps our Partners succeed.
Description of Role:
Located in Lewiston, ME. this role is for an IT Professional with experience working for an MSP providing Level 2 / Level 3 support. The ideal Candidate would have experience troubleshooting and maintaining Mac / Windows workstations and servers (physical and virtual running both VMware and Hyper-V), networking equipment including switches, firewalls and access points, as well as mail technologies including o365, Exchange and Google Apps. The candidate will be expected to demonstrate excellent customer service, fast response and critical thinking skills in a service desk capacity. Successful candidates enjoy providing customer service oriented support, possess knowledge across a wide range of technical topics and thrive on helping clients find solutions to technical issues. The position requires self-directed motivation with a sense of urgency in a team focused environment.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
This candidate will be expected to diagnose and resolve technical issues via phone, chat and onsite support across a variety of hardware, software, and networking topics including but not limited to:
- Workstation operating systems (Windows, Mac, IOS, Android and Chromebook)
- Server Environments (Windows and Mac Server)
- Virtualization technologies (VMWare / Hyper-V)
- Active Directory, o365 Administration, Azure AD & ADSync
- Networking and Configurations of Switches, Firewalls, Wireless Controllers & Access Points
- VPN technologies
- On Prem and Hosted Mail Solutions (Exchange / Google / o365)
- Network protocols (TCP/IP, LDAP, Domain, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Backup solutions and applications (Datto, Veeam, etc.)
- Network security (Fortinet, Cisco, SonicWall, etc.)
- Disaster recovery solutions
- Encryption technologies (Bitlocker, Symantec, etc.)
- Desktop applications
- Remote desktop support
- Simple and Complex LAN/WAN environments
- VoIP phone systems
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Ability to diagnose individual and client issues by asking questions and listening, to fully understand their issue(s) through remote communications (phone/email/chat)
- Demonstrate and communicate a commitment to resolving the issue through attentiveness and patience.
- Proactively anticipate client needs by thinking ‘3 steps ahead’: diagnose ‘root causes’ versus treating symptoms and anticipate the impact to additional processes and/or systems.
- Embody the RoundTable Technology brand by forming productive relationships built on trust, patience and results with internal staff, customers and vendor partners.
- Keep clients informed of progress, changes and solutions in a timely and effective manner that exceeds clients expectations and is in alignment with their culture and communication preferences.
- Ability to Capture, Create and Maintain client specific documentation in RoundTable's systems according to standards and specifications.
- Handle surprises by acting cool under pressure and use positive language to de-escalate situations.
- Respect the client’s time and that of your team by efficiently exploring solutions and escalating when appropriate.
- Self-motivated to solve the issue and can act independently to prioritize and manage multiple client issues at a time.
- Insatiable appetite and willingness to learn and demonstrate a commitment to personal development by seeking out training opportunities and actively learning from teammates.
- Seek to overcome challenges and accept failure as an opportunity for improvement.
This candidate will be expected to adhere to the following company requirements of the position:
- 40-45 hour week with occasional After-Hours/Weekends as required (emergencies, scheduled support calls, etc.)
- Required Time of availability is between 8 AM and 5 PM EST Monday through Friday
- Work from the Lewiston, ME office serving Southern and Central Maine
Job Type: Full-time