The Laundry Aide is responsible for collecting and sorting soiled linen, loading and unloading washing machines, and folding clean linen. This position also counts the amount of linen processed each day, delivers clean laundry to assigned units, and cleans and sanitizes the work area, including machines, work tables, and sorting areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sort soiled linen, load and unload washers and dryers.
- Operate computer-operated washers and dryers according to operating procedures.
- Sort and fold clean linen accurately and in a timely manner.
- Place clean linen in a delivery cart and deliver to appropriate units, using caution when pushing carts.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on and follow infection control procedures.
- Follow safety procedures when mixing and handling chemicals.
- Follow federal and state skilled nursing facilities regulations and department policies and procedures.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, physicians, visitors, and all facility personnel.
- Strong customer service focus, with a kind and caring demeanor and ability to demonstrate compassion in a long-term care environment.
- Basic computer skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent