SciGenius is an innovative S.T.E.A.M education company in Northern Virginia and have an opening for a qualified part time Coding instructor to teach classes online. Must be able to teach various Coding language in a fun way.
To learn more about our company, go to www.scigenius.com
Must know how Zoom works and can multi-task while teaching online.
- A great job for college student with coding background or part-time job seeker. Classes meet several times a week
- Class times will range from 4:00PM – 5:00 PM on weekdays with shifts lasting an approximately 1 hours depending on how many classes.
- Paid training available.
Coding Teacher responsibilities:
- Provide instruction and facilitates classes and activities for grades 3rd – 6th grade.
- Manage students’ academic performance and assist with questions.
- Provide feedback to parents after working with students.
- Develop project-based lesson plans for coding.
- Maintain the safety of students.
- Experience with developing project-based lesson plans and hands on activities.
- Able to teach students grades 3rd – 7th
- Excellent organizational, verbal and writing communication skills.
- Patient, positive and friendly attitude.
- Have a passion for STEAM education.
- Must be fun to work with and like working in fast paced environments where requirements can change frequently.
- Must know how to use Zoom
- Must be fun teaching online classes.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour depending on experience
Multiple locations Remote
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour
- coding: 1 year (Preferred)
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Python: 1 year (Preferred)
- Teaching Certificate (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
Company's Facebook page: