This is a buying position within the Raytheon IIS organization. This position requires the management of primarily low complexity commodity procurements in support of multiple internal customers enterprise-wide. Candidate will occasionally be asked to serve as the focal point for interface and communication between the programs and suppliers.
You will be responsible for quotation activities, negotiations, documentation write-up, selecting qualified suppliers, seeking alternate suppliers (when applicable) with direction from program and peers, assisting in supplier negotiations (price, schedules and terms & conditions, to include software licenses), and post-award management in accordance with company directives and work instructions.
Candidates should possess capability to review and negotiate terms and conditions and recommend final Raytheon position to Subject Matter Expert and/or Supply Chain Advisor and Office of General Counsel. Some travel may be required.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant experience in procurement/buying role.
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a dynamic, fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to place a PO of low to medium complexity and process a medium volume of POs across various business units
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with internal customers and suppliers.
- Ability to perform effectively and independently in a virtual environment
- Must be able to handle multiple decisions based on workload dispersion, program priorities, and IPT decisions
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to think strategically
- Proficiency to perform and comprehend price analyses, source selection/justification, with guidance as needed
- Ability to effectively manage job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Must be willing and able to travel if required
Required Education (including Major):
- Use standard computer systems focused on supplier management processes (SAP-PRISM)
- Ability to filter information from multiple sources to drive innovative solutions
- Experience working with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Raytheon tools, as well as knowledge of supply chain processes
- Knowledge of reading drawings.
- DoD procurement experience and knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (FAR/DFARS)
- Ability to participate in formal negotiations (price, schedule and supplier exceptions to contractual requirements.
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information, processes and tools
- Bachelor’s Degree - Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Contract Administration, or similar discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience ( Bachelor Degree = 8 years of additional applicable experience) 120506BR 120506
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.