Candidates will only be considered if they submit a cover letter.
Sandweiss Test Prep is a local, independent company providing test preparation, academic tutoring and college counseling services to students in the Seattle metropolitan area. We are currently seeking to hire one individual for part-time test proctoring and administrative duties.
This position requires approximately 8-16 hrs per week in our Seattle office, with occasional opportunities for shifts in our Bellevue office. This is a weekend job with work required on most Saturdays and Sundays, although training and other occasional work may also be available on weekdays.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Proctoring standardized tests taken by students in grades 4-12
- Printing testing materials and having them ready for students' arrival
- Greeting students and parents who arrive for testing or for their tutoring appointments and classes, taking payments and answering questions
- Scoring the proctored tests using our scanning software
- Answering the phone and minimally responding to emails
To be considered for the position, applicants MUST:
- submit both a resume and a separate, detailed cover letter describing your qualifications and experience... we will NOT consider resumes that are not accompanied by a cover letter
- be available on weekends, both Saturday and Sunday
- have access to reliable transportation to insure punctual arrival to our office
- know how to use email and how to scan documents
- be comfortable learning new software and able to learn the specifics of our scoring system
- have a positive attitude and enjoy working with people - schoolchildren, teens and adults
- have previous office and customer service experience
- be a team player, comfortable both asking questions and problem-solving with support
- be punctual, well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to multi-task in a busy environment
- pass a Washington State Patrol background check
Desirable qualifications also include (not required):
- familiarity with standardized testing.
- experience working in an educational setting or in an education-related field - teachers, tutors and paraeducators who want regular weekend work are very welcome to apply
Interested applicants should send BOTH a resume and cover letter via email; resumes sent without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. If you can't be available both weekend days on a regular basis, please do not apply. Starting salary is $15/hr DOE - after training has been completed
Job Type: Part-time
- office and customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)