Crunchbase helps over 70 million people around the world connect with the companies and people that matter. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that entrepreneurs, investors, job seekers, salespeople, and others can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that are shaping how companies and people connect, using our intelligence and data to help them communicate in a more meaningful way with one another.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Crunchbase has a remote-first approach, and is open to hiring in these locations:
Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Portland, San Francisco, and Seattle
Personalization Team at Crunchbase*
The Crunchbase personalization team thrives to provide users personalized relevant information throughout their experience on the Crunchbase platform. By combining Crunchbase, private and behavioral data with machine learning systems, we learn to understand our users’ journey, identify and highlight relevant insights and build personalized experiences that are outstanding to our users.
We are hiring a hands-on Senior Machine Learning Engineer to help build the next level of Crunchbase personalized experience. We are looking to go deeper into the data we have, generating and presenting insights that help our users better understand our data and offer observations and recommendations specifically tailored to their use case. The ideal candidate is passionate about not only data and what it can teach us, but also about our users and how to drive an experience that helps them engage with and better utilize our data.
What You'll Do:
- Help drive the Crunchbase personalization engine and turn our business vision into features
- Collaborate with the product team and other partners to help improve our personalized user experience
- Work on all aspects of the feature delivery cycle, from conceptualizing and collecting requirements to working on data modeling and productionizing your code all the way to deployment
- Work side by side with data scientists to understand the model prototypes
- Work closely with platform engineers to craft and build systems and tools that can transform our data points into features
- Contribute to define and improve our machine learning platform capabilities from the ground up
- Implement prescriptive and predictive models at the production level of quality
What We're Looking For:
- Strong Python foundation
- You have a high bar on code quality and enjoy building systems and tools that can be used by others
- Excellent communicator and able to explain sophisticated issues to partners in simple terms
- Like to understand the product and deliver meaningful features that drive the business forward
- Hands-on experience on shipping machine learning-based projects in production and delivering significant impact to customers
- Dealing with large amounts of data on a regular basis is a plus
- You care about agile software, cross teams collaborations, and development based on data
- You are a big believer in the Build-Measure-Learn methodology
- Experience with personalization and recommendation systems is a big plus
What Crunchbase Offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first policy
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Monthly fitness / mental health reimbursement
- 10 weeks of fully-paid time off for new parents
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision, and dental benefits for employees & their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees & their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly internet stipend
- Work from home allowance to purchase furniture for your work from home space
- Annual carbon offset
- Matching charity contributions for our Townhall awards
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
At Crunchbase, we value team members who are passionate and enthusiastic about what we're building here. We believe there is no "perfect" candidate, and want to encourage applying even if all the requirements listed aren’t met. If you're passionate about Crunchbase and looking to learn and grow, then we look forward to reviewing your application!
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations