PCB Layout Designer
GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equality. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From São Paulo to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
GoPro is looking for a Lead or Senior PCB Layout Designer who will work as a member of our PCB Design Team, collaborating with engineers and product design teams in designing complex circuit boards using CAD applications and tools. In this role, you will work with cross-functional design teams, work on scheduling and design projects consisting rigid and flex PCBs, resolve costs, packaging, manufacturing, and design issues.
- Layout design of rigid and flexible multilayer printed circuit boards
- Works with Electrical & Mechanical engineering teams to implement complex circuit boards
- Work with EE team in creating complex circuit boards involving camera sensors, DDR memories RF, Audio, Video circuits and many more exciting new technologies
- Create, edit and revise component placements, routing, board outlines, and constraints as needed to meet product specifications.
- Work with EEs, MEs, DFM engineers and PCB vendors to optimize design layout.
- Own the responsibility of creating final design packages including executing DRC checks and generation of fabrication and assembly documentation.
- Support comprehensive design reviews and documentation with FPC/PCB vendors to initiate and answer all DFM feedback.
- Implement new PCB technologies and processes for the PCB Design Team
- Maintain and expand knowledge of PCB design and manufacturing technologies and materials to take full advantage of industry capabilities.
- Able to conduct design feasibility studies to evaluate PCB design goals for packaging, cost, manufacturing and system performance.
- Propose PCB design trade-offs to the engineering design team for resolution and implementation.
Skills We're Stoked About
- 7+ years of relevant work experience with Circuit board layout design
- Hands-on with HDI, FPC, RFPC board layout
- Experienced with constraints, importing netlist
- Flexible printed circuit materials knowledge is required.
- Experienced with Allegro PCB Design, ORCAD Capture CIS
- Hands-on with laying out high speed and impedance controlled compact multilayer PCBs.
- Knowledgeable with routing BGA parts with 0.4 mm pitch and less.
- Knowledge of Component Library management, Component footprint Creation necessary
- DFM review and implementation, generating Gerber files and preparing packages for release
- PCB manufacturing knowledge is a must
- Able to work well individually or with teams supporting internal requirements
- Good communication and reporting
- Fully-stocked kitchen with snacks galore
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro.
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- 401(K) matching
- Discretionary Time Off
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave for new parents
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Employee commuter shuttles
GoPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.