The Engineer is responsible for working directly with the property and engineering management in implementing and maintaining the energy management, preventive maintenance, quality standards, operating objectives, and goals of Green Bridge Investment Partners, Inc. This must be done in a manner that not only protects, but also maximizes the value of the property.
It is the policy of Green Bridge Investment Partners, Inc. that the highest possible professional standards be maintained at all times when you perform your assigned duties and responsibilities. Our success as a business is directly related to the quality of the services that we provide. In the performance of your duties as an Engineer as described below, you are accountable for all of your actions.
Your contact with tenants, prospective tenants, owners, and vendors is to be guided by the highest professional standards including positive, supportive, friendly behavior and legendary service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Be part of the engineering team on-call rotation.
- Properties will have building engineering coverage from 7 am to 5pm, Monday thru Friday, on-call basis Saturday and Sunday, weekday evenings.
- Work your assigned schedule per management, be punctual for your entire shift and for your assigned work schedule.
- Complete assigned work orders in timely manner, follow up with tenant and/or manager regarding assigned work order.
- Follows safe work practices and wears appropriate personal protective equipment when necessary.
- Policing of exterior grounds and parking garage for debris.
- Perform all plumbing, electrical or HVAC repairs requirements of the building(s).
- Maintain Heaters, Chillers, Pumps, Fan Coil Units (FCU), Fan powered mixing boxes (FPMB), Heat Pumps (HP), VAV box damper motors, fan motors, actuators, strip heaters, contactors, etc.
- Monitor and adjust all mechanical/pneumatic equipment, control gauges, distributor panels, valves, thermostats, diffusers and other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment for the buildings.
- Repair doors, door lock hardware, ceilings, hand railings, and floors.
- Perform preventive maintenance duties, including changing filters, oiling motors, replacing light and fixtures, inspecting/adjusting belts, replacing bearings, aligning shafts and annual inspections as directed by manufacturers and Chief Engineer.
- Inspect mechanical room equipment, fan room equipment, cooling tower, all motors, house pumps and sump pumps.
- Document and Report activities.
- Clean, lubricate and service a wide variety of pumps, valves, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic devices.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities.
- Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of power tools, hand tools and equipment used in facility and ground maintenance.
- Performs assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Inspect buildings, ground and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions, report findings to Chief Engineer.
- Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, electrical and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
- Maintain an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
- Maintain building access controls system, make and issue security cards, run month report, trouble shoot alarms, report any unusual findings management.
- Inspect new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations.
- Maintain and Operate Fire Life Safety Systems.
- Maintains knowledge of location and contents of departmental Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Perform carpentry and snow removal when necessary.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits.
- Responds immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns (before, during or after your shift assignment), summoning additional engineering assistance as needed.
- Must possess basic computer skills, ability to operate Windows based software
- Must have a thorough understanding of Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP) prints, Building Automation Systems (BAS) and or (CMMS) & Building Work Order program.
- Ability to interpret mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) blueprints and schematics.
- Manage own time on a daily basis with some supervision.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities and continually heavy workloads.
- Maybe required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments)
- Stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools, ladders) and ability to safely install rigging/lifting device
- Lift and carry objects of up to 50 pounds for distances of up to 50 feet
- Climb ladders and stairs.
This job scope may be updated and changed periodically by management at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
- engineering: 5 years (Required)