Senior BIM Coordinator
Recognized as one of Washington’s Best Workplaces for the 7th consecutive year, this premier electrical contractor is searching for the right candidate to join our Virtual Construction team as a Senior BIM Coordinator. This is an excellent opportunity to join a solid team with room for growth and development. This is an immediate full-time opening.
Are you a motivated team player? Do you enjoy building and updating 2D and 3D drawings? If yes, join our Virtual Construction team as a full-time Senior BIM Coordinator. The ideal new team member will have strong problem-solving skills, interpersonal skills, communication skills and knowledge of the electrical construction trade.
You will be responsible for the creation and modification of documents and drawings in 2D and 3D from conceptual design through successful installation for electrical and specialty system construction, under the direction of an experienced General Foreman.
- Working with Electrical, Architectural, Mechanical and Structural drawings to provide a fully coordinated electrical installation using three-dimensional modeling
- BIM Coordinator will work closely with the construction team to create installation drawings and work packets for prefabrication from the coordinated model for use in field installation
- Coordinate electrical room layouts, feeder routing and equipment clearances consistent with the NEC
- Responsible for producing a clash free, constructible model for a successful installation
- Responsible for managing multiple BIM Technicians in order to meet contractual and internal deliverables
- Post weekly model updates for coordination meetings
- Maintain clean CAD and Revit backgrounds from various disciplines.
- Create clash test and reports using Navisworks to proactively identify issues with constructability
- Create installation, Trimble, and prefabrication drawings for field installation
- Maintaining document control, updating of changes and as-built conditions throughout the project
- Effectively communicate with all levels, including internal Project Managers and team
- Knowledge of electrical systems, installations and code requirements as it pertains to electrical detailing
- 3-5 years’ experience supervising and/or directing large project commercial electrical installation is beneficial
- Computer proficiency, file management, and organization
- Proficiency with multi-discipline plan reading required
- Proficiency with specifications required
- Proficiency with Submittals required
- Proficiency with Revit required
- Proficiency with Revit family creation preferred
- Proficiency with BIM 360 preferred
- Proficiency with Collaboration 4 Revit preferred
- Proficiency with Navisworks Manage or Simulate required
- Proficiency with Dynamo preferred
- Proficiency with AutoCAD required
- Proficiency with Bluebeam required
- Familiarity with Trimble layout software preferred
- Familiarity with LOD and associated specifications preferred.
- High School Diploma, or GED required
- 3-5 years of experience in BIM/MEP Coordination required
- 3-5 years of field installation experience on large scale construction projects preferred
- Revit MEP: Electrical Certification Preferred
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Compensation: DOE
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage - covers employee & dependents with no premium cost to employee
- 401k Program w/ Direct Benefit; Generous Profit Sharing and Discretionary Bonus Programs
- Life and Disability Benefit - both long- and short-term disability included with no premium cost to employee
- Education Reimbursement Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Travel Benefit
- Wellness Program which includes paid health club membership
- Legal Services Benefit
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- BIM: 1 year (Preferred)
- Revit: 1 year (Preferred)