RV Resort Maintenance Technician
RV Resort Maintenance Technicians perform routine and preventative maintenance to maintain the physical integrity of our resorts. They conduct home/building maintenance repairs and are responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of property grounds, facilities, streets, equipment, and various utility systems. Resort Maintenance Technicians provide excellent customer service to prospective and current customers and guests at all times, and may assist with site setups to ensure timely arrivals and departures of resort customers and guests..
- Complete routine maintenance and minor repairs to rental homes, facilities, and streets as needed.
- Complete checklists of physical condition of resort sites prior to and after guest occupancy.
- Ensure common area lawns are manicured appropriately. Regularly treat for weeds, weed whip, rake leaves, plant flowers/shrubs, spread mulch/wood chips/stones, trim shrubs and hedges, cut and remove tree limbs damaged by adverse weather conditions, and perform other lawn care services as necessary.
- Ensure resort is presentable and inviting at all times, and that it adheres to Zeman’s Community Appearance standards.
- Ensure trash/debris is picked up daily from common areas and streets on a daily basis. Empty common area trash containers as needed.
- Clean resort amenities which may include clubhouses, tennis courts, resort offices, restrooms, laundry areas, bath houses and maintenance garage.
- Maintain vacant sites, including strap-downs and removal of trash and debris.
- Assist manager with supervision of service contractors.
- Inspect irrigation system regularly to ensure it is working properly, repairs as necessary.
- Inspect playground area and equipment, pool/spa area, and other recreational amenities to ensure everything is in good condition, making minor repairs as needed.
- Ensure all resort streets and public access routes are free of hazards.
- Maintain resort pool(s), test chemical levels, and adjust appropriately, where applicable.
- Maintain resort vehicles and equipment.
- Follow safety procedures while performing duties, including safely operating vehicles when moving from site to site and picking up supplies.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
As a Resort Maintenance Technician, you must be hard-working, reliable and focused on providing exceptional customer service. You must also be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous maintenance experience in a campground or RV resort, preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and broad experience in general maintenance techniques and repair work
- Ability to endure seasonal temperatures as working conditions require constant outdoor work
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- General knowledge of janitorial work, plumbing, electrical, and grounds maintenance
- Proficient skills in operating various hand tools, power equipment, and commercial machinery
- Ability to provide legible written reports
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Basic computer proficiency, including the ability to use email and internet
- Availability to respond to resort needs during non-business hours while on-call
- A current, valid driver's license from the State where the community is located is required before driving a company-owned vehicle or before driving his/her own vehicle on company business.
- Display Zeman’s Core Values
- Respect - For others and yourself
- Cooperation - If you need help, ask. If you are asked for help, give it.
- Devotion - Sincere interest in helping our customers and your teammates
- “WOW” - Deliver unexpected great service
- Fun - Be a passionate team player and have FUN!
Zeman Homes is a drug-free, equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Temporary