Satellite Integration/Systems Engineer
Leidos Civil Transportation and Finance Solutions Group is seeking an experienced professional Satellite Integration/Systems Engineer to join the development and integration team for the ground element of a Geostationary Satellite Service Lease program.
- Design system architecture, and implementation for satellite communications ground station design, RF performance, and test /sell off, including antenna tracking, and support systems using COTS products.
- Drive the full lifecycle effort across all Engineering domains with a focus on development, analytics, system functionality and customer satisfaction.
- Directly interact with the FAA Customer focusing on operational issues including: troubleshooting system level anomalies, providing in depth analyses of satellite earth station providers and system integrators, as well as design, cost, and schedule tradeoffs
- Attend/participate in Preliminary and Critical Design, Technical Exchange Meetings
- Typically requires Bachelors of Science degree (Satellite Engineering or Systems Engineering) degree preferred and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- The candidate must have experience in satellite communications ground station design including RF performance, antenna tracking, and support systems using COTS products.
- Comfortable with Test Readiness Reviews and other reviews and meetings.
- Systems engineering knowledge with an emphasis on RF and Microwave systems analyses. Experience with GPS, including familiarity with GPS signal structure, modulation, Code Carrier Coherence, and Correlation Loss is strongly preferred.
- Travel to the ground stations is required during installation, integration, and test activities.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.