Recognized as one of the fastest growing wood manufacturers in the United States, Stevens is a world-class manufacturer of wood and laminated products. We’re dedicated to innovation, technological advancement and beauty in functionality. We credit our achievements to a focused path, and our talented, passionate team members.
We are a 100% Employee-Owned company. And as such we place great value on our workforce and consider everyone as family!
The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading a specific operations area such as lamination, warehouse, fabrication, millwork, or assembly. In this role, you are responsible for leading and developing a team of employees and managing operation schedules. You and your team leader(s) will work to create a highly skilled, engaged workforce. The supervisor is responsible for monitoring associate productivity, assigning jobs, and communicating with team leaders and other associates so all can be successful. You will also be responsible for monitoring compliance with all work rules and safety rules. This position also performs all other responsibilities as directed by the Plant Manager.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Requires special knowledge in industrial technology or related business degree. Knowledge can be acquired through two years of college, vocation or technical school training resulting in an associate degree or equivalent.
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
- Management experience in a manufacturing industry is preferred.
- The ability to learn the MPR system (MOVEX).
- Ability to supervise and train and accomplish work goals through others.
- Ability to read materials to interpret and analyze content such as technical reports, research papers, or journal articles.
- Ability to compose or modify text to communicate conceptual or other complex information requiring analysis and creativity.
- Ability to solve a variety of problems in the absence of technical guidelines or precedents. Work involves analysis and requires judgment to plan programs and projects that will resolve production problems.
- Ability to make decisions and/or final recommendation which affect multiple departments or a division and may, on occasions, affect the entire organization.
- Ability to complete tasks that not only require anticipation of future work needs but also requires the development of new approaches, techniques or resources to meet the anticipated demand.
- Ability to direct other associates in overseeing multiple work functions. Is responsible for recruitment, training, and team member performance evaluation. Evaluates work objectives and effectiveness and modifies staffing patterns as needed.
- Ability to communicate to present, advice, or negotiate business issues where some precedent exists (e.g., sensitive customer/vendor or public relations issues, negotiating contracts, etc.).
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 2 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Teutopolis, IL (Preferred)