Provide a high quality instruction within a small school environment where every student is known and valued as an individual; uphold the mission and values of American Indian Model Schools (AIMS) and contribute to our goal that every student in California has access to a high quality public education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish a culture of high expectations that includes the shared belief that every student will attend college.
- Develop and implement lesson plans and classroom activities aligned with Common Core Standards and AIMS Instructional Guidelines.
- Assess students regularly and analyze student results; refine and differentiate classroom instruction based on assessment data and student needs.
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve instructional practices throughout the school; share best practices.
- Communicate regularly with students and their families about classroom activities and student progress.
- Involve parents and guardians as partners in their students’ education.
- Manage student behavior to ensure every student is fully engaged.
- Actively participate in professional development activities, and work closely with Head of School and Dean.
- Maintain accurate student records including attendance.
- Identify unique student needs and collaborate with team members to effectively
- address those needs.
- Support the mission, vision, and core values of AIM Schools.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned from Head of School and
- Flexibility of schedule to accommodate monthly Saturday School, Summer School, as well as additional after school tutoring.
Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
Knowledge and application of child cognitive development and various learning styles, knowledge of various subject matter, including Common Core Standards and subject-specific frameworks, aptitude to analyze qualitative and quantitative student data to inform next phase of teaching, capacity and willingness to reflect and improve instructional practices to better serve students, ability to collaborate with colleagues, parents and community.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Valid California Teaching Credential
- Valid English Language Learner Authorization
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $57,298.00 per year
- California Multiple Subjects (Required)