Virtual Front Desk Associate (Part Time 20 to 30hrs per week, must be open to Saturday hours)
This is a fully remote 1099 Contract-to-hire opportunity within the US. Physical location in New Jersey preferred but not required.
About Fort Health
Fort Health is a child and adolescent mental health company that is on a mission to broaden access to quality, affordable, and evidence-based mental health services for children, adolescents, and their families. Today, 50% of children in the US with a mental health issue do not receive care, and 60% of US counties do not have even a single practicing psychiatrist. This is a massive area of need, impacting 17M children in the United States with a market size greater than $50B.
The company's vision is to create an integrated set of support resources to understand, assess, diagnose and treat mental health challenges through digital tools and access to virtual clinicians. The company is partnered with the industry leading child psychotherapy non-profit institution in the US, who will help to build its clinical protocols, train its providers, and create proprietary content.
The Front Desk Associate (Part Time) is responsible for keeping the day to day operations of our virtual provider office running smoothly.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Take calls from families of patients, patients, pediatrician partners and any other incoming provider office phone calls.
- Work in our Electronic Health Record system platform and patient-facing application registering patients, scheduling and rescheduling appointments, collecting co-pays, verifying and documenting insurance and offering training support on our EHR.
- Coordinate with therapists and psychiatrists to support patient needs and collect forms or required documentation.
- Partner with team members to identify process improvements to strengthen our capabilities as a team.
- Document business processes and standard operating procedures as requested.
- Make outbound calls to Pediatric offices and patients as requested/required.
- Handle phone, email, fax, and physical or (digital) postal mail inquiries and respond or document appropriately appropriately.
- Other duties as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 2+ years experience at a physical or virtual provider office (MD) as part of the front desk team required (pediatric or behavioral health preferred)
- Experience answering phones, talking to patients/families of patients, collecting and verifying insurance coverage, registering patients and scheduling and rescheduling appointments in an electronic health record system required
- Experience coordinating with clinicians in a provider office to support patient needs required
- Familiarity with HIPAA compliant patient communication procedures strongly desired
- Experience documenting workflows or procedures strongly desired
- Access to reliable high speed internet, ability to install the necessary software programs, and maintain the security of your personal device for use at work
- Access to a private enclosed space (e.g. office) to be able to freely speak with patients during work hours
- Able to work ~20 hours/week initially from 3 pm - 7 or 8 pm EST. Hours may increase as patient demand grows.
- Familiarity with Gmail, Google documents and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, etc. and the ability to quickly learn new programs as required
- Ability to effectively communicate in English (both verbal and written)
- Ability to speak Spanish (bonus)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be adaptable to frequent change
The role reports directly to the C.O.O. who will also assign projects, provide general direction and guidance. Role is expected to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
PAY RANGE: $23.00/hour - $27.00/hour
Fort Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices. We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.