$16.92 - $32.10
(X) Regular- Full-Time
( ) Regular- Part-Time
( ) Flex
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs a full range of accounting duties using double-entry accrual accounting methods posting entries to established accounts. Classifies and verifies a wide variety of accounting documents in order to assure their mathematical correctness, completeness of information, and to prepare control sheets with appropriate accounting codes. Responsible for answering employee questions concerning pay computation. Works closely with the NAF Human Resources Office and Shared Service Center to resolve errors/discrepancies in employee pay and/or benefit deductions. Assists with payroll discrepancies; tracks labor hours to ensure compliance with Air Force Guidance. Need for frequent retroactive adjustments and tracing of errors which involve correction of the pay. Computes operational expenses incurred by individual activities for accounting services provided and assigns charges appropriately. Employee must be able to recognize unusual problems or situations and be able to solve or refer to proper areas for research and resolution. Downloads daily reports and ensures files are saved in predesignated locations. Enters data into a predefined spreadsheet or database. Follows records management procedures, maintains file plans, and records disposition for all accounting, payroll, administrative, and historical records. Performs a variety of administrative duties for Resource Management to include typing a variety of documents, correspondence, forms, and reports, using various automated systems. Maintains double-entry bookkeeping journals and subsidiary ledgers, posting entries to establish accounts. Prepares monthly balances, reconciles accounts, and transcribes to general ledger for closeout of all accounts. Monitors accounts receivables and performs follow up on a monthly basis. Traces discrepancies, if necessary, to posting documents, computes operational expenses incurred by individual activities for accounting services provided, and assigns charges appropriately. Reports prepared may include profit and loss statements, financial statements, and miscellaneous financial reporting data. Processes Fixed Asset and Prepaid Forms on a monthly basis, prepares Quarterly and Annual reports as needed. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must have experience in work which provided comprehensive knowledge of accounting methods, procedures, and techniques used in maintaining and analyzing all classes of accounts in accounting system encompassing a number of diversified activities; ability to prepare financial settlements and reports. Two years of accounting experience and/or education highly desired. Knowledge and understanding of the regulations, guides and procedures sufficient to interpret and apply them in a variety of accounting situations. Knowledge of the accounting system sufficient to flow individual funds and specific monies from initiation through expenditure stages in order to trace discrepancies in the system. Knowledge of general accepted accounting principles (GAAP) highly desired. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.). Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing. Must be able to satisfactorily complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1).
If position is announced as Regular Full Time (RFT) or Regular Part Time (RPT) you will be eligible for annual leave, sick leave, retirement, 401(k), health and life insurance. If you are a civil service employee with DoD, you may be eligible to keep the current retirement. As a Nonappropriated Fund employee, you are eligible to use the fitness center, golf course, bowling center, clubs, swimming pools and other Force Support Squadron facilities.
Applicant’s claiming Military Spouse, Family Member, Transitional or Veteran’s Hiring Preference must submit required documents to be considered. Reference the Preferences Tab above for required documents. We are not responsible for employment ineligibilities based on missing information or lack of documentation.
1. Please ensure that your application/resume contains all the information requested in the vacancy announcement. If your resume or application does not provide all the information requested on this form and in the job vacancy announcement, you may lose consideration for the position.
2. All Federal NAF employees are required by PL 104-134 to have salary payments made by electronic funds transfer/direct deposit.
3. Internal NAF applicants pay may be set according to applicable pay setting rules.
4. For current appropriated fund (APF) employees, portability pay setting rules apply (REF: AFMAN 34-310, NAF Personnel Program Management and Administration Procedures, para 22.214.171.124). For current nonappropriated fund (NAF) employees, pay setting rules apply (REF: AFMAN 34-310, NAF Personnel Program Management and Administration Procedures, Table 18).
5. “Any Individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who is not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable, will not be appointed”.
- All tentative selections will be made via email. Please make sure a valid email address is provided.*