This individual will perform a variety of customer service and stocking duties related to the parts sales, receiving and delivery of parts and accessories that contribute to the efficient, safe and profitable operation of the parts department. They will use available resources for the maintaining inventory and shipping and receiving. They will maintain a clean and organized warehouse environment.
Specific Duties Include:
- Communicate all freight charges and status of shipments.
- Directly responsible for all incoming part shipments, which may include, but not limited to loading and unloading.
- Maintain record of all shipments both inbound and outbound.
- All transactional processing procedures should be followed using RDO Truck Centers guidelines.
- Use dealership equipment, including forklifts and resources safely and proficiently.
- Take a proactive approach to inventory control by assisting and/or reporting discrepancies.
- Ensure internal and external customers receive the correct parts in a timely manner through utilization of RDO Truck Centers procedures.
- Receive, ship, and store parts as needed in accordance with DOT local, state and federal guidelines.
- Proactively study and stay current on industry and product information.
- Pick up and deliver parts for customers and vendors as needed.
- Mark and store parts in stockroom according to prearranged system and assist with cycle count duties.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Truck Centers.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of parts operating system preferred but not required
- Computer skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service skills
- Ability to operate equipment
- Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship