Clinical Lead Registered Nurse RN Emergency ED ER - NIGHTS(Job Number: 00448-42465)
United States-Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital Parham
Nursing - Professional
Why We Like Working for Henrico Doctors Hospital:
Hear what some of our employees have to say about why they love working here!
Parham Doctors’ Hospital, a campus of Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, is located in the west end of Richmond. We are a 200-bed facility offering medical and surgical programs including orthopedics, mental health, bariatrics, imaging, rehabilitation services, 24-hour emergency care, sleep disorder, podiatry, primary care, and occupational health.
ABOUT THE UNIT :
- 18 Bed Emergency room
- Mixed patient population like Mental Health, Geriatric, Ortho, Pediatric etc.
- Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center - we have been certified for providing critical treatments for improved outcomes in long-term stroke care
- Certified Chest Pain Center accredited by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care, streamlining the treatment process to improve outcomes
- Mental health services to quickly triage patients with mental health needs
Are you a lifesaving Nurse? Are you passionate about saving lives? Can you handle the fast pace? Come join our committed team of life savers in Richmond and be a part of a phenomenal team delivering the best patient care in the world. You will love the team..
The Emergency Department Team Lead is a member of the ED Leadership Team responsible for the shift-to-shift coordination of patient care and throughput. You will participate with the leadership team for achievement of key results in the areas of Quality, Service, Growth, People and Finance. You will serve as a role model to staff and possess professional interpersonal skills and clinical and operational decision-making. You will lead by example with a positive attitude. In addition, you show talent in leading and motivating others, conflict resolution and service excellence, and assists the ED Director in attaining budgetary accountability by assuring that staffing reflects alignment with the staffing matrix and fluctuates appropriately to meet the needs of the department.
RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB FUNCTIONS
Under the leadership you will be responsible for shift activities. You will assure shift-to-shift staffing efficacy, handles flow and throughput in the department, maintains effective communication and team work with ED providers, addresses issues of patient safety and patient happiness, assures documentation for the ED Dashboard is complete, acts as a point of contact for EMS, inpatient units, and other internal and external customers, coaches members of his or her team, under the mentorship of the ED Director / Manager.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Rounds on patients daily and log into system
- Attends and participates in all staff meetings
- Conducts EOC rounds weekly
- Participate in Bed management/throughput meeting
- Conduct shift huddles
- Completes all assigned audits and communicates/addresses deficiencies
- Current RN licensure.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program (BSN preferred).
- Experience as an ED RN, with growth to proficient or expert status preferred.
- Can be an individual demonstrating advancement from Novice to Competent who exhibits extraordinary leadership skills who has an interest in further professional development.
- Current ACLS, PALS, ENPC and other educational requirements as required by the facility
- Take Charge Nurse (3) and Preceptor classes within 6 months of hire
DEGREE OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED
You will to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures with ongoing mentorship and direction by the Director and / or Manager. You will consult and collaborate as necessary and appropriate.
Are you excited to apply to this fantastic opportunity and join our dynamic team? Go ahead, we are so excited to speak with you about this phenomenal opening.
WE OFFER A GENEROUS COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDING:
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid time off.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts, along with other voluntary benefit options and programs.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO:
- Providing versatile work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
- Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer celebrating diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.