At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation’s largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
The Social Media Specialist position is responsible for providing a world-class experience to current and potential Jackson Hewitt clients by responding to inquiries from various social media platforms. This is a seasonal, work at home position with a duration of 2 to 6 months. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be highly organized, detail-oriented, possess the ability to multi-task, and have excellent reading comprehension and writing skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential and discretionary duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of management.
- Respond promptly and appropriately to all social media postings.
- Take ownership in assisting, researching, resolving, and escalating client issues.
- Ability to compose friendly, yet professional written responses – free of grammatical and spelling errors.
- Ability to successfully de-escalate customers.
- Responsible for staying current on company and industry information and procedures.
- Ability to manage and follow-up on multiple ongoing issues simultaneously.
- Ability to consistently deliver a best-in-class quality interactions.
- Excellent computer skills – Specialists will utilize multiple systems to access client information, research issues, educate and solve the client’s reason for contact.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent reading comprehension, written, and verbal skills.
- General understanding of social media platforms.
- Minimum of two years of relevant social media or customer service experience (chat or email response).
- Proficiency in learning new technology and system applications.
Physical Demand and Work Effort
- Keying/typing, sitting for long periods.
- Constant mental and visual attention
- Compliance with all company policies and attendance standards.
- FLSA status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.