The Recovery Services Division Manager has responsibility for management of operations for assigned client(s) and team(s) to deliver services to our clients that may include collections on defaulted accounts or other collections portfolio management services. The focus of this role is to lead and manage teams, ensure compliance and client contractual requirements adherence, and contribute to development of strategies and support implementation of strategies and tools that drive operational success of the recovery business managed in the site.
Primary responsibilities include:
Management and leadership of multiple Recovery teams as assigned within a site or may oversee all site staff and operations in smaller site. Total headcount generally no less than a minimum of 50, including:
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Team Managers and applicable staff of operators that directly service client assigned accounts or customers.
- May include operations clerical support staff
- Accountability for assigned client/portfolio objectives, staff productivity and management, and staff adherence to compliance.
- Development of staffing plans and alignment of operational strategies to deliver maximum customer satisfaction and profitably to assigned customer projects
- Actively contribute to identifying opportunities for increased efficiencies to processes, systems and tools used in servicing accounts and delivering servicing to clients
- Implement and support programs and operations that promote a positive, focused, and driven team environment.
- Ensure effective monitoring of operational activities of assigned staff through appropriate legal means to ensure all conduct, behavior and work being performed is in compliance with federal, state and local laws including internal policies and procedures.
- Effectively partner with cross-functional resources such as Compliance, Client Services, Account Management, Human Resources and others.
- Coach and mentor staff, including team managers and non-exempt staff, toward development of skills and capabilities.
- Successfully plays an active role interfacing directly with clients on programs or projects as may be required.
- Performing other duties as may be required to meet business needs.
- Strong applied knowledge of the collections and servicing business principals, concepts and applicable laws.
- Ability to manage large inventories in multiple tranches and track performance both on a cohort and in aggregate, as well as contribute to strategies for resolving issues, improving performance and finding efficiencies.
- Has a keen understanding of all compliance programs including FDCPA, TCPA and Reg E.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients, peer and support group management in an ongoing effort to manage business.
- Proven ability to deliver business results, meeting and exceeding assigned goals while maintaining adherence to compliance requirements and high customer satisfaction.
- Solid management skills in coaching, mentoring, training and performance management.
- Proven ability to lead a team with strong commitment to positive, constructive and progressive work environment aligned with the company core values of People, Excellence and Innovation.
- Requires strong influencing and communication skills coupled with analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Possess ability to develop a team environment where collaboration and the knowledge transfer process are critical for success.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internal and external to the organization
- Exercises excellent judgment and possesses a keen attention to detail
- Demonstrates initiative, and creativity to drive excellent customer results and satisfaction
- Able to solve complex problems, and resolve disagreements with informed, rational debate.
- Builds credibility and trust
- Mind-set of continuous improvement and adapts quickly and effectively to change
- Good project and program management skills
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and learns new tools and applications quickly
Job is in a busy standard office environment with moderate noise level, sits at a desk and participates in meetings, uses office phone system; views a computer monitor, types on a keyboard and uses a mouse. Reads and comprehends information in electronic (computer) or paper form (written/printed).
Education and Experience:
- Sit/stand 8 or more hours per day; reach as needed to use office equipment.
- Consistently viewing a computer screen, typing, using a keyboard and mouse.
- Uses phone; head-set can be provided.
- Occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 10lbs.
- Able to sit at desk, working on computer and phones for a full work day
- Able to work full time in assigned office, including extended hours nights/weekends as may be required to meet business needs
- BA/BS in business, finance or related preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Significant operational experience, generally 8+ years
- Operations management experience with a minimum of 3+ years with responsibility for operators and leads, and
- Accomplished track record demonstrating the knowledge and skills required for the position
- Must submit to and pass background check.
- Must not have any Federal or State liens resulting from County, State or Federal tax issues.
- Must not have any current defaulted student loans.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check; must not have any felony convictions or specific misdemeanors.
- Must submit to and pass drug screen.
Performant is a government contractor. Certain client assignments for this position may require submission to and successful outcome of additional background and/or clearances throughout employment with the Company.
Job Profile is subject to change at any time.
Performant Financial Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Performant Financial Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military service status, political belief status, or any other consideration made unlawful by law.
NO AGENCY SUBMISSIONS