ncgCARE is the proud parent of a diverse network of behavioral healthcare organizations specializing in various services to include Outpatient counseling, Community Based Counseling, Therapeutic Day Treatment and Treatment Foster Care. Through our network of providers, ncgCARE is leading the way to excellence in behavioral healthcare.
We provide the foundation for our provider partners to succeed through innovation, service excellence, best practice development, and a strong commitment to our employees.
Under the direction of a senior level manager, the EMR/EHR/Information Systems Administrator will manage our Electronic Health Records (EHR) and provide support to other information technology systems as needed. The individual will perform professional level business systems analysis and project management activities which include planning, designing, implementing and maintaining company-wide business applications and information systems. The individual will determine business requirements, conducts process analysis and prioritization, and make recommendations to management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Experience managing and implementing EHR/EMRs (Electronic Medical Records) is
- Assesses customer and/or business process requirements; analyzes structure and flow of work and data that support needs; evaluates possible solutions and implements and/or recommends solutions that support the strategic vision.
- Performs project management and participates on project teams responsible for EHR system hardware and application software implementation and upgrades; determines project scope and staff resources required to complete projects; prepares project work plans and timelines. Monitors project milestones and reports project progress to management. Works closely with technical staff, vendors, and stakeholders to ensure timely and efficient completion of projects.
- Assures technical support problem resolution related to business application software systems. Performs system administration activities, which includes coordinating and managing the purchasing, installation, and configuration of software and related application software upgrades.
- Creates and maintains standards, procedures, and documentation related to area of
responsibility. Participates in audits and performs security testing, ensuring a secure processing environment that protects the integrity and availability of information.
- Implements system changes and administers access to systems and information utilizing approved information technology security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Creates, develops and oversees processes, protocols and procedures, ensuring compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and to minimize financial liability of the company.
- Participates in/on a variety of meetings, groups, and/or committees to communicate and confer about process analysis of existing procedures and systems, determine cost/benefit and complexities of new processes and projects, prepare for testing, discuss the roll-out of new projects and software upgrades, and/or discuss other applicable issues.
- Prepares project proposals and budgets; performs analysis for new technologies and system enhancements.
- Participates in recommending budget items; implements and allocates resources following budget approval.
- May define testing and development environment suitable for testing and evaluation of new technologies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Systems Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems or a related field. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Six plus years of systems administration, including one year of supervisory experience and knowledge of assigned functional area preferred.
- Experience administering electronic medical records is required.