Click on "" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as an expert MRSOC intelligence requirements and senior reporter manager for resources associated with the MRSOC's areas of responsibility.
The organizational location of this position is: 93 IS, Medina Regional Security Operations Center (MRSOC), Directorate of Operations, Special Intelligence Division (J36), JBSA Lackland AFB TX.
- Manages resporting responsibilities to satisfy tasks on national and theater intelligence requirements
- Assists in the planning and organizing of a variety of complex reporting strategies for unconventional targets.
- Performs statistical analysis to identify and assess trends to make recommendations to improve reporting guidance.
- Responsible to the Division Chief for overseeing the division's intelligence report totals for every coverage accounting period.
- Team lead for eight civilian/miliary personnel
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
This is a GG-12 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). The GG-12 duties for the "Professional" work category are at the "Full Performance" work level and are equivalent to those at the GS-12 level.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- All new DCIPS employees are required to complete a two-year DCIPS trial period.
- A security clearance may be required
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- Recruitment incentives may be authorized
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guide
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- This is a central managed position
- The employee may be required to travel in military and/or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty assignments.
- Incumbent will be subject to counterintelligence Scope polygraph examination.
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- This is a Key Position. Incumbents must be removed from their military recall status if alternatives for filling the position during an emergency are not available.
- Requires a fluent understanding of the Spanish Language, both written and spoken. Required to take yearly DLPT.
Your resume must reflect the quality level of experience which demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for successful job performance required for this position. Examples of creditable experience include: Knowledge of analysis and reporting disciplines and methodologies is necessary, as well as the ability to evaluate format and production of comprehensive end-product and technical intelligence reports. Knowledge to understand the targets foreign language and be able to review, evaluate and correct English translations of end-products and ensure time requirements are met. Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency.
Click on the following link to view specialized experience for this position:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs ): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of analysis and reporting disciplines and methodologies is necessary, as well as the ability to evaluate format and production of comprehensive end-product and technical intelligence reports.
2. Knowledge to understand the targets foreign language and be able to review, evaluate and correct English translations of end-products and ensure time requirements are met.
3. Knowledge of a specific geographical area to recommend target reporting procedures and standards for the MRSOC in coordination with the Branch Chief.
4. Knowledge of computerized analytical tools and data reporting tasks to provide analytical prognostications to assist collection management in developing comprehensive target coverage.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE : Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION : Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Current Federal Civilian employees may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
Temporary and Term Appointments : If you are selected for a temporary or term position, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here .
Selectees who physically reside permanently in the U.S., the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or Northern Mariana Islands, and the Possessions of the U.S., during the entire recruitment process (application, selection, and acceptance of a formal job offer) and selected for employment in the foreign area are eligible to receive certain foreign area benefits such as: Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, Post Allowance, Home Leave, etc. (subject to approval)
Selectees who physically reside outside the U.S., the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or Northern Mariana Islands, and the Possessions of the U.S., during any step of the recruitment process (application, selection, and acceptance of a formal job offer) will have foreign area benefits eligibility be determined on a case by case basis.
Tax Law Impact for PCS: On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance and Relocation Income Tax Allowance to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on these allowances and eligibilities, visit: https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application for this Public Notice:
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period
- Transcripts - if you are basing your qualifications on education or if the position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts
- Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.