iD Tech is looking for a positive, collaborative problem-solver to join our team as a Human Resources Generalist! In this role, you will be responsible for providing HR expertise to the iD Tech team on everything from benefits to employee relations. This position may work out of iD Tech's main office in Campbell, CA or telecommute. This is a great position for a self-motivated, service-oriented, creative HR professional who wants to be part of a dynamic, mission-driven company.
- Partner and advise on employee relations, leaves of absence and performance management
- Actively monitor developments and labor law and present recommendations on operational changes needed to comply
- Maintain relationship with benefits brokers, oversee plan administration and manage open enrollment from end-to-end
- Assist in developing and implementing policies for our year-round and seasonal employees
- Utilize employee engagement survey and other data to advise managers on opportunities to improve manager and employee success
- Manage the onboarding and offboarding of our temporary program employees
- Act as the system administrator for our UltiPro HRIS
- Oversee bi-annual performance review process from end-to-end
- Oversee compliance related activities such as annual EEO-1, ACA reporting and 401k plan year testing
- Manage personal, medical, parental, and workers' compensation leaves of absence through benefit education and coordination of FMLA, CA SDI/PFL, STD/LTD plans, and relevant HRIS data upkeep
- Cultivate an atmosphere of inclusion - one that values diversity and is encouraging of unique perspectives.
- Anticipate and identify organizational and HR department needs in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field, with a PHR or SPHR preferred
- 5+ years of progressive HR generalist experience, with extensive experience in employee relations and leave administration
- Ability to coach and advise both managers and employees in alignment with company goals and values
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible in a constantly changing work environment
- Self-motivated and highly organized, with a curious mind and a desire for continuous learning
- Experience working on Diversity & Inclusion committees and initiatives strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws with experience administering HR policies across multiple states preferred
- Deep knowledge of UltiPro strongly preferred
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office and Google Suite, particularly Excel.
- Ability to handle private and personal information with professionalism and confidentiality
- Must have a good sense of humor and the ability to thrive in a fast-pace environment
5 Reasons Why This is the #BestJobEver
- iD Tech has been voted a Top Workplace by the Bay Area News Group 9 times!
- Strong remote infrastructure and work-from-home flexibility
- Purpose-driven company and a national leader in youth STEM education
- Employees receive FREE medical, dental and vision insurance
- Some of our extra perks include generous PTO, paid holidays and camp scholarships
Our Company. Our Mission.
Join our cast of talented, creative people who care deeply about revolutionizing STEM education for the next generation of game designers, programmers, web and app developers, filmmakers, tech leaders, and entrepreneurs. iD Tech engages over 50,000 students a year through our on-campus and online programs, and has over 450,000 alumni.
iD Tech is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $66,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Human Resources: 2 years (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible