The Agency is interested in IT Modernization efforts and Re-skilling and Workforce Transformation. Re-skill and up-skill employees impacted by IT modernization efforts, evolve workforce to more 21st Century skill sets and work practices, and enable the workforce to drive successful IT Modernization efforts going forward utilizing in-house talent.
Product managers will be in a client and user facing role to help government modernize an application. They will be responsible for creating short and long term milestones, as well as prioritizing tasks and stewarding the vision and strategy beyond a near-term migration. In addition, they will lead the delivery, ongoing success, and continuous improvement of one or more digital portfolios, products and/or platforms, through effective analysis of qualitative and quantitative data for diverse user groups. Individuals must be capable of managing one or more cross-functional team(s) to deliver the right product to the right audience, using the right technologies and processes, helping identify potential updates to policies and procedures.
Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients. Responsible for ensuring contract requirements and subcontractor responsibilities are being accomplished including working on the definition and implementation of project planning techniques to provide visibility on the contract. Responsibilities may include developing budgets and schedules to meet contractual/project requirements for an assigned portion of a program, participating in and establishing and defining program plan requirements, and monitoring and reporting performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met. Responsible for day-to-day financial analysis of area operations. Manages the implementation of specific government or commercial contracts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, coordinates, and manages the actions taken by an organization to acquire and execute a specific piece of business, either competitively or non-competitively.
- Integrates all functions and activities necessary to perform the project/program to meet the client or customer requirements.
- Plans and implements actions by the program/project team to define and implement technical baseline and meet quality requirements for project/program products and services.
- Directs project team personnel, manages cost and schedule, ensures contract compliance, and serves as principal customer interface.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and six (6) years of experience working on projects or programs with at least two (2) years of successful task lead experience.
- Experience in managing projects.
- Must have a minimum of six (6) years of journey-level experience, hold one or more relevant certification, and have demonstrable experience in their field.
- Must be familiar with both traditional waterfall (e.g. PMP) and agile (e.g. SAFe) delivery methods in order to manage multiple project teams and milestones, although both certifications are not required.
- must be US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability