We are seeking an individual with senior leadership experience in Technical Support to oversee the support services of our SaaS monitoring solution. This individual will continue building a scalable global support team which provides break-fix support, operational maintenance, and premium support services. This position is an integral part of SignalFx's long-term relationship with its customers, and the efforts put forth by this individual will directly impact the long-term success of those relationships. In order to succeed in this team, this individual must have the passion and energy to work in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment.
- Provide leadership to the Technical Support Team who are providing world-class service to SignalFx customers.
- Hire high performing individuals to scale the team.
- Build automated and scalable processes for triaging and resolving customer issues and escalations in a professional and timely fashion.
- Set up clear objectives, KPIs, metrics and reporting for team and individual performance.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with clients and achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Work in a startup atmosphere, doing whatever it takes to exceed customer expectations.
- Cascade business objectives and provide clear communication and guidance to the team.
- Use your business and technical analysis skills and knowledge of IT environments to handle escalations as necessary.
- Should be comfortable working with remote cross-functional teams and channeling client feedback into future releases of the SignalFx product set.
- Collaborate with other departments in the company to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Provide guidance, training and opportunities to help team members achieve career goals.
- Excellent written and verbal organizational, presentation and communication skills.
- Outstanding leadership ability with a focus on collaboration and fostering strong teams.
- Analytical approach to customer and team metrics and reporting
- Strong to expert skills in data analysis/manipulation.
- Self-starter – able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance.
- Ability to quickly context-switch between multiple complex work streams.
- Instinctive ability to subdivide problems into basic components to efficiently pinpoint root cause of issues.
- Must be customer service oriented and believe in teamwork, collaboration, adaptability & putting others first.
- A strong desire to get things done without formal processes.
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment, doesn’t let anything slip through the cracks and can adjust priorities on-the-fly.
- Demonstrable success in thinking strategically, executing tactically while providing consistent and high levels of customer satisfaction and retention in a fast-paced environment.
- Competitive & competitively aware. Proficient at explaining strengths & vulnerabilities.
- 10+ years in a Technical Support organization with experience using multiple Support, Customer Success and CRM tools.
- 5+ years in a Leadership role with direct management, including hiring of teams across multiple geographies to support 24x7 global support.
- Experience in customer facing role or equivalent history of increasing customer satisfaction, adoption, and retention is required.
- Hands on experience creating scalable processes to increase team efficiency.
- Up-to-date domain knowledge, or hands-on experience with software infrastructure (operating systems, virtualization, microservices, network, security) products in production environments and cloud-based technologies.
- Familiarity with SaaS based solutions and open source components.
- B.S. degree in computer science or related field from an accredited college / university
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Daily company provided lunch
- Transit/Parking stipend
- We cover your base medical/dental/vision plan for you, and we provide subsidized plans for your dependents
- Subsidized gym membership
- Lots of company team building events (baseball games, go-carts, etc.)
- Working with a fast growing team and having a huge impact!
If you’d like to join one of the fastest growing and most exciting tech companies in the Silicon Valley, contact us! This position has the ability to make a huge impact. We are looking for people who have a passion leading technical teams and creating great customer experiences. Your compensation will include a competitive salary, stock options, cool perks, and generous benefits.
SignalFx is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We believe we are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. We welcome the distinct contributions that everyone brings in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.