ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER (APM)
Dulles Plumbing Group is looking for highly motivated, reliable individuals who can deliver results independently and as part of a winning team. The Assistant Project Manager primary functions are to assist and support the Project Management team in the planning, implementation and tracking of projects and ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitment and goals. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Construction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Download project plans and specifications, print plans and coordinate procurement of materials within budget with the Purchasing Manager
- Dispatch the daily man power schedule to the field crews as directed by the LFS by 2:00 p.m.
- Prepare, assemble and submit printed operational manuals, project specifications, as-built drawings, close-out documents, warranty letters and other related contract documents as directed by Project Managers
- Handle all administrative aspects of projects including coordination of lease transactions (rental equipment), proposals, contracts, and vendor invoices
- Perform other job related duties as required
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field preferred
- Two years’ experience in the construction field and project management
- Strong work ethic; self-motivated
- Ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment
- Capable of balancing multiple tasks, along with strong communication skills
- Basic knowledge of planning and construction documents
- Flexibility to focus on multiple projects in various stages of development
- Extreme attention to detail; ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem-solve
- Strong verbal and written communication; resolves issues professionally and diplomatically
- Ability to work confidently and maturely with senior personnel; serves as secondary contact for clients
- Must be tech savvy - proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word and Adobe
- Experience in Sage 100 Contractor a plus
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check
Great perks! Great Pay! Paid Holidays! Paid Vacation! Biannual Bonuses! Biannual Wage Reviews!
75% Employer Paid Health Insurance for Employees! Employer Retirement Plan Contributions!
Advancement Opportunities! Employer Sponsored Employee Career Development Opportunities!
Job Type: Full-time