Medical Billing/AR Specialist
About Neway Fertility
Neway Fertility is a boutique fertility clinic, which is part of one of the largest fertility networks in the world, Maria Fertility Hospital. Founded in 1989 by Dr. Jin-Ho Lim, the Maria Network is a world leader in natural IVF and In Vitro Maturation and has been responsible for the birth of over 70,000 IVF babies as of 2014. With 10 state of the art facilities throughout Korea, Maria Fertility sees anywhere from 1300-1500 patients per day and is responsible for over 20,000 egg retrievals per year. At Neway, we pride ourselves on advanced patient care and patient relation.
- Ensure the timely filing and collections of the designated region according to insurance billing and collection guidelines
- Follow up on denials for payment processing and process appeals as necessary
- Review and post all payments received by the insurance carriers and patients to ensure accurate account balances
- Contacts commercial healthcare insurance companies to follow up on outstanding accounts receivable.
- Identifies billing errors for correction and resubmits claims to insurance carriers.
- Assist with the development and implementation of revenue cycle strategies
- Reconciles revenue cycle matter such as past due account and invoices.
- Performs charge entry and /or payment posting within the practice management billing system.
- Obtains, reviews and updates patient demographics and insurance information within the practice management billing system.
- Verifies patient insurance eligibility and obtains necessary pre-authorization.
- Tracks and resolves issues on denied claims. Resubmits or appeals claims as required.
- Composes and maintains billing and /or billing compliance associated correspondence.
- Determines proper account resolution and /or adjustment as needed.
- Answer phones, responds to billing inquires and disputes.
- Generates reports for analysis.
- High School diploma - Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years experience in Billing/AR Followup
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing and promote teamwork.
- Ability to organize and follow through on own initiative.
- Experienced biller in OB/GYN and infertility preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred and EIVF Software a PLUS.
- Data Entry Skills and Typing of 45 wpm.
- EOB, ICD-9, CPT codes, and A/R knowledge.
- Strong people skills
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)