Full Job Description
Placer Labs (www.placer.ai) is seeking a Data Collector who also likes to shop! You will become an integral part of our project team as an independent contractor and will be responsible for going on planned trips to various stores. At each store, you’ll walk around most of the layout of the store.
- This is a contract position lasting approximately 4-6 months with potential to continue at the end of the project
- Ability to service satellite locations - Portsmouth, NH and Providence, RI via overnight stays (overnight stipend provided)
- Flexible hours! No set hours here! Our job fits in nicely with the rest of your day to day tasks.
- No special skills required! We are looking for a responsible person who is comfortable using different apps on their smartphone and has a general understanding of how to use Google Drive and Google sheets. If you have these you are good to go!
- Ideal for students, travelers or anyone who wants to earn an additional paycheck while keeping their day job.
- You will be responsible for planning at least 1-2 routes per week, but can plan more if desired. A route can be a 4 or 8 hour assignment, requiring visiting up to 20-40 ‘priority locations’.
- At each ‘priority location’, it will be required to visit adjacent stores as well. Some routes can require visiting a total of over 50 stores, since some priority stores may have adjacent stores.
- Each store must be walked through while using a scanning app. Some stores will require more time to walk through, some less. Minimum walk through time is 3 minutes.
- Record start and ending times as well as other information in a route log that we will provide.
- Fulfill an opening checklist and a closing log before and after each route.
- Install, configure, and update (as needed) apps that are part of the test
- Communicate with the project manager (on a daily basis if required).
- Own an Android phone with cell service (Android 9 is not currently compatible)
- Already live in the location of the job posting
- Own a personal vehicle and willing to drive to retail stores in the surrounding area (up to 200 miles in some cases)
- Ability to work independently and meet weekly route requirements without reminders
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Experience with Google Drive and Google Sheets
- Execute written instructions
- Good communication skills
- General understanding of mobile apps usage
- General understanding of adjusting settings on Android phone
- Courteous in interactions with retail attendants as you may be interacting with them when visiting a store.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused