Piping CAD Designer Duties and Responsibilities:
· Using engineering design concepts and design software, (AutoCAD), prepares preliminary design and produces complete construction document set drawings; prepares conformed plans and record drawings from existing and modified construction document sets.
- Reviews redlines and preliminary construction drawings for correctness, completeness and conformance the design software standards; recommends acceptance or modifications.
- Generates, complete and accurate record drawings, maps and other engineering design project work.
- Identifies design problems, such as location, elevation, drainage, pipe alignment conflicts and right of way availability; develops and presents proposed resolutions to the assigned project engineer.
- Conducts field inspections and surveys of project sites to determine or verify existing conditions and take measurements and dimensions; obtain record information from utilities to research utility line locations; research files, drawings, survey maps and parcel information for various data.
Education and Experience:
- Maintain a minimum: 18 hours of continuing education each year.
· Knowledge and Practical Use of 3D modeling using AutoCAD Plant 3D, AutoCAD PID or Revit
- High School Diploma and training from a recognized CAD training facility.
- Preferred Experience: 10 years of Water, Wastewater, Gas, Electric, or Telecom Utility Experience.
- Knowledge of surveys, state plane coordinate systems, plant coordinate systems, true north vs plant north, etc.
- Knowledge of using point cloud data to create 3D BIM data
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Preferred: Certification, Associates or Bachelor’s.
Under limited supervision, uses CAD programs and tools to capture, create, update and maintain design data; interprets and clarifies engineer redlines, design notes, and as-built drawings; ensures the completeness and accuracy of all work completed; and performs duties as assigned.· Must have a good working knowledge of geometry, mathematics and trigonometry.
- Thorough knowledge of the standard terminology, techniques and practices of engineering drafting.
- Must be able to modify existing drawings to minimize the need to create new drawings and create new drawings when necessary in a timely fashion, which meet internal standards.
- Must be able to self-check own work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Able to work closely with engineers and other personnel to obtain information or ensure drawing clarity.
- Able to take layouts from engineers and provide construction sheets detailing the facility
- Computer literacy in the company’s software.
- Working knowledge of general construction techniques and the role of the drawings in the construction project.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and sketches.
- Must maintain an awareness of and regularly work within established schedules and budgets.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, reach, bend and move about.
- Light physical effort required
This is a remote position.