CertifiedSafety Inc., a leading industrial safety company located in League City, Texas, is looking for an eager, passionate and dedicated lead electrical engineer to assist a small team in building out the company’s connected worker platform, SmartConnect. We are targeting the safety problem: workplace injuries and accidents cost U.S. employers nearly $60B. A solution is possible given $1 invested in safety returns between $2-6 across projects. We are also targeting the project management problem: typical large capital projects take 20% longer and cost 80% over budget. Our focus is to reduce safety events and improve productivity with a particular focus on the turnaround or new construction environment.
The development team is based in our League City, Texas office, but will support operations globally. A typical day for this candidate would include managing the hardware development lifecycle, writing and testing hardware to support and address business problems and workflows, meeting with the project team leader and other developers for review and testing, working and managing an international development team, finding holes in existing firmware code base and building tools or re-architecting the system as we scale. Ideal candidate must be able to document work performed, as well as meet with internal stakeholders for feedback and information gathering.
We are seeking the following Non-Technical abilities:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong levels of grit, curiosity and passion for solving interesting problems
- Experience managing multiple US-based and international developers
- The ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively
- Must possess some measure of business acumen and/or experience in order to apply development technical skills to solve real-world problems
- Demonstrated aptitude in solving business problems while strongly maintaining consistency with existing code and workflows
- Develop and document repeatable processes to manage the software development lifecycle
- Experience in the energy or oil and gas industry preferred
- Support the build and test of designed PCBs and provide detailed technical data package for PCBs
- Coordinate and manage, with cross functional teams, all design activities related to driving product development from conception to production. Lead active communication and to ensure project goals are being met.
- Submit and present project update reports on modifications and revisions of final samples.
- Creates and assists in new product testing and troubleshooting.
- Provide production support and generational improvements to existing products.
- Engage potential vendors of custom parts as well as off-the-shelf components.
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency, utilize up-to-date technology, and reduce design and parts costs.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Electrical Engineering; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of equivalent experience or related
- Proficient with PCB layout design (Altium or other PCB layout design softwares)
- Preferred experience in writing firmware for microcontrollers to control radio frequency (RF) devices
- Experience designing within and meeting UL, FCC, NEC, and IEC requirements
- Experience with electrical and mechanical hand tools and prototype building/assembly (hands on experience) such as soldering and PCB rework/troubleshooting
- Proficient with designing wiring harness and associated connectors to meet load and compliance/safety requirements
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written are a must
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Electrical Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Intrinsic Safety Design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- 1 - 3 months
- 4 - 6 months