The Programmer Analyst I - Data will work on all phases of the software development lifecycle supporting a variety of projects and applications. This role will be an early-career position, with an expectation of developing technical skills, as well as knowledge of Sprouts systems, processes, and methods.
The candidate for this position will have a basic level of implementation experience in software application development. As such, the participation on projects and work assignments will most likely be at a lower level, often times taking technical direction from more senior team members.
- Develop new ETL for various projects.
- Adhere to Sprouts’ data standards and development models.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities for all data driven applications, including performance enhancements, upgrades, and code refactors.
- Create documentation for the code and/or solutions that have been written.
- Design and implement additions and modifications to existing applications.
- Participate in peer reviews of code.
- Test applications.
- Analyze, fix, and test production support tickets for a variety of systems, primarily SQL and SSIS.
- Perform any other assigned tasks deemed necessary by management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in software application development technologies, preferably in a Microsoft framework.
- 1-3 years of experience with Microsoft SQL technologies
- Basic understanding and usage of source control solutions.
- Basic change and release management skills.
- Basic requirements gathering and documentation skills.
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills.
- Retail environment experience is preferred but not required.
- Databases: MS SQL Server, MySQL
- Operating Systems: Windows 10, Windows 2012 R2, Mac OS X
- Tools: Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, Team Foundation Server, DB Performance Management, System Alerting
- Languages/Libraries: SQL, XML, PowerShell
- Other: SharePoint, Microsoft Office Suite, Visio
- Maintain high levels of integrity and dependability.
- Maintain a focus on results, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Works well in a team environment and effectively manage work activities.
- Project a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Be extremely flexible and adaptable.
- Demonstrates the ability to function and stay focused in a constant pressure, fast growing and ever-changing organization.
- Ability to competently understand, speak, read, and write English.
- Ability to effectively present information to team members.
- Requires excellent interpersonal communications skills.
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
[HR will complete for general office positions. Concentra will evaluate for Store and DC positions]
Please note anything that would be unusual for an office position – example, special chemicals, special lifting requirements, visual requirements, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.