Description of Job:
Manages the accounting of inventory including standard cost system and required valuation reserves. Responsible for the accounting for Fixed Assets. Perform General Accounting as well by posting monthly journal entries and performing reconciliations on Balance Sheet Accounts. Perform financial analysis as assigned and needed by supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the accounting for inventory. Maintain the standard cost system, report on operating variances from standard, establish appropriate FIFO Revaluation & E&O reserves and reconcile the book to perpetual inventory values. Perform formal time studies as required.
- Activate and cost roll new items within the MRP system
- Monitor monthly inventory transactions for accuracy and appropriateness and report on operating variances from established standards for material, labor and overhead.
- Assist in the planning of the annual physical inventory, calculate the physical to book adjustment
- Work closely with Operations Team to monitor and report on Shop-Floor Control and Reporting. Specifically creating work center productivity reports and monthly reviewing with the Plant Manager.
- Manage the Fixed Asset Accounting System (SAGE/FAS). Maintain and implement required internal controls to safeguard the company’s fixed assets. Coordinate the Capital Expenditure Authorization procedure with CFO.
- Assist in the month-end closing process – prepare and post assigned journal entries and prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of the Material section of COGS for the Annual Operating Budget.
- Assist with the vendor exchange rate program – obtain daily CNY rates and calculating the 50:50 currency share with China toll manufacturers
- Perform the accounting for the selling programs – Rebates, Co-op Advertising, and various other allowance programs.
- Develop and preparing an accrued freight program – obtain data for freight bill processors and develop lag report to establish monthly accrual
- Work with Accounting Specialist – Payables to calculate the month-end A/P accrual
- Assist where needed in the A/R and A/P functions
- Perform Financial Analysis on company operations and for special projects.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing: 7 years (Preferred)
- Cost Accounting: 7 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift