NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA INDEED. APPLY AT WWW.SHORELINESCHOOLS.ORG/JOBS.
Transportation Driver Trainer
This position develops and conducts classroom and hands on instruction and training programs for school bus drivers and other district personnel to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal standards of safety and efficiency. Responsibilities also include evaluating all bus drivers' driving skills.
This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
1. Develops and conducts training programs for all bus drivers and Type II drivers to provide
instructions in on-road driving skills, general safety procedures, assisting disabled students, vehicle
preventive maintenance. Prepares presentation materials, researches information and establishes
2. Maintains and verifies driver certification records. Arranges any necessary training to ensure
certification status is currently maintained.
3. Rides buses to observe bus driver performance and writes "on the road" bus driver evaluations.
4. Performs accident investigation, completes all necessary paperwork and follows up with district
personnel, law enforcement agencies, and insurance companies
5. Coordinates student emergency evacuation drills and other student-oriented bus safety programs.
6. Prepares and maintains appropriate reports and records of activities in area of assignment.
7. Investigates roads in new areas and approves bus stops.
8. Provides dispatch support to the transportation department as assigned.
9. Responds to inquiries and complaints about bus stops, bus routes, and other related areas.
10. Conducts a retraining program on an individual employee basis as necessary; develops staff
development and in-service training programs.
11. Performs regular on-bus housekeeping and safety inspections.
12. Prepares materials and demonstrates safety procedures related to transportation.
13. Drives a school bus on a regularly scheduled route and for special activities when assigned.
14. Performs related duties consistent with scope and intent of employee assignment.
Reports to the Director of Transportation
Operates school bus in all types of weather conditions; requires ability to squat, bend, reach, and climb ladders; ability to lift 50 to 100 pounds; ability to sit for prolonged periods of time; ability to work overtime as needed.
Education and Experience
High school graduation or equivalent with three (3) or more years of bus driver experience; preference may be given for completion of the Pupil Transportation Management Training Program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of principles, practices, and methods associated with the development and delivery of training programs and materials; knowledge of transportation safety, planning, and operations; ability to develop and maintain accurate records of assigned activities and programs; ability to read, write, calculate, and speak effectively; ability to convey information clearly, concisely, and accurately; ability to speak effectively in group presentations; ability to read and interpret road and street maps; ability to learn district and school boundaries; ability to work independently with minimal supervision; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the general public.
Required to possess a valid Washington State driver's license, a valid Washington State commercial
driver's license for school bus operation, a Washington State School Bus driver authorization, and a
Washington State school bus Driver trainer's certificate; ability to use a two-way radio.
Shoreline School District #412 shall provide equal employment opportunity and treatment for all applicants and staff in recruitment, hiring, retention, assignment, transfer, promotion, and training. Such equal employment opportunity shall be provided without discrimination with respect to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, creed,
religion, age, veteran or military status, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability.
Disclosure Statement/Background Check:
Pursuant to RCW 43.43.830-845, all applicants must complete the disclosure statement provided by the Department of Human Resources at the time of application. A background check inquiry will also be made for the selected candidate to all references as well as the Washington State Patrol and/or state and federal law enforcement agencies. Upon hire, and pursuant to RCW 28A.400, you will be required to complete a Washington State Sexual Misconduct Disclosure Release Form for each school district where candidate was previously employed. The applicant may be employed on a substitute basis subject to satisfactory results of the background check including fingerprinting.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.94 /hour