PwC Public Sector, LLP helps federal, state, and local governments solve complex business issues, manage risk and add value in financial management, program management, operations improvement, and security and data management. In today's changing environment, the public sector is seeing an increase in physical and cyber threats, financial and performance reporting requirements, diversity in the workforce, and the impact of rapidly changing technologies.
PwC Public Sector LLP provides management consulting, technology consulting and risk consulting services to help federal and international government agencies anticipate and address these and other complex challenges.
PwC Public Sector LLP is one of four organizations to receive the 2014 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. The Baldrige Award is the nation’s highest Presidential honor for performance excellence, recognizing U.S. organizations for superior quality and world-class results across six categories defined by Baldrige including Leadership, Strategic Planning, Customer Focus, Measurement, Analysis and Knowledge Management, Workforce Focus, and Operations Focus. For more information on our journey to performance excellence, view our winner profile on the NIST website.
It was announced in February of 2018 that Veritas Capital, a leading private equity investment firm had signed a definitive agreement to acquire its US Public Sector business.
Professionals in PwC Public Sector LLP may be subject to a government security investigation and may need to meet related eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Our Applications Strategy and Integration consultants provide an end to end solution offering including Application Development & Integration, Application Architecture, User Experience, Quality Management & Testing and helping clients determine the best applications for their business needs and integrate new and existing applications into their business including Mobility integration. This high performing team works with various types of technologies and software framework including Java, .Net, iOS, HTML5 amongst others. This high performing team advises on the software development life-cycle, and help architect and develop specific applications for clients. Additionally, they assist with integration of new applications and quality management and testing.
Minimum Years of Experience:
Minimum Degree Required:
Demonstrates thorough level of knowledge across multiple IT application platforms and delivery methodologies, emphasizing proven success with defining and implementing business motivation and use case/actor models, and business capability roadmaps, as well as a proven track record gathering and defining business and functional requirements.
Demonstrates a proven thorough knowledge and success in a supervisory role within a professional services firm or large enterprise providing the following:
- Defining business problems and outlining possible solutions
- Outlining business strategies, related tactics, and objectives for measurement
- Gathering, defining, and organizing business and functional requirements including acceptance criteria for use by developers to implement a capability
- Resolving promptly issues and business questions
- Parsing high level functional requirements into an executable story backlog
- Aiding in the estimation and planning process
- Assisting in prioritization of tasks and planning iterations
- Providing system functionality delivery on business capabilities
- Reporting statuses
- Facilitating workshops
Demonstrates a proven success record of completing projects involving the delivery of mobile and web applications, including supporting off-shore application delivery.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities related to internet and mobile app architecture technologies that include:
- Eliciting requirements and scope using client interviews, shadowing, document review, surveys and other techniques
- Parsing out client requirements into manageable work units
- Translating client requirements into standard UML diagrams and/or Agile user stories
- Documenting vision and scope, including monitoring changes throughout project lifecycles
- Collaborating with the user experience and design team to perform traceability of solution to design and business requirements
- Creating screen mock-ups to help clients visualize requirements
- Working with development team to estimate the level of effort required for projects, features and individual stories work items
- Prioritizing client work based on value, risk and dependencies
- Creating test scenarios, test plans and execution of test cases using various test scenarios to deliver quality results to clients
- Delivering solutions that meets quality standards and being receptive to feedback and direction from others
- Envisioning solutions-related issues and conflicts, collaborating with functional or business teams and developers to deliver solutions that meet business requirements
- Adapting to the client's environment, development and quality standards
Demonstrates proven thorough levels of ability and success as both an individual contributor and team member to identify and address client needs: actively participating in client discussions and facilitating meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; utilizing effective written and verbal business communication skills when interacting with team members and/or clients; and, managing engagements, including preparing concise, accurate documents and maintaining project economics while maintaining flexibility for unanticipated issues.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success as a team leader: creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; keeping leadership informed of progress and issues; answering questions and providing coaching to junior team members on consulting and Business Analyst skills, tools, and techniques.
This role contractually requires US Citizenship and an active Secret Clearance.